Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Screaming in my head.

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:23 PM
  • 3 Replies
Two of my children have medical problems. I applied for Medicaid a month ago. I did not receive a notice in the mail about it, so we called. And called. More than once. Finally we got ahold of someone only to find out that, despite hand delivering the application to the office, there is no application on file for us. They lost our application.
This month, so far, My dad has had surgery to remove part of his lung because he has lung cancer. My bank account has been frozen-twice. My son found USED hypodermic needles in his chair at the bank. May sucks.

This year? My husband was laid off. We only have the car I get for my five year old ( nothing for my older two, and I have had a case open for over two years), the money I get babysitting, and my part time job. The husband is a reservist, so we get a bit off that, but total? We only get about 1200 a month for all that. Our bills are much more than that.

I think I may well need to start meds again myself because the stress is messing with my health.I am not getting enough sleep and am starting to have issues with memory, paranoia and all that fun stuff.

I spend all my time alternating between screaming in my head and praying for some kind of help.
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I hope things start to get better for you guys. Do they have a way for you to apply online for medicaid in your state? Ours has it and you fill it out online then have to take or mail your paystubs and stuff to the Welfare office. It might help them not lose your application this time?

TempestRayne
by on May. 15, 2013 at 3:35 PM
It doesn't look like it. There's a foodstamp appear nonlinear though. Go figure. [ quote name="k9l1c5" id="0"]

i>I hope things start to get better for you guys. Do they have a way for you to apply online for medicaid in your state? Ours has it and you fill it out online then have to take or mail your paystubs and stuff to the Welfare office. It might help them not lose your application this time?

[/quote]
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Ugh, that sucks :/

Quoting TempestRayne:

It doesn't look like it. There's a foodstamp appear nonlinear though. Go figure. [ quote name="k9l1c5" id="0"]

i>I hope things start to get better for you guys. Do they have a way for you to apply online for medicaid in your state? Ours has it and you fill it out online then have to take or mail your paystubs and stuff to the Welfare office. It might help them not lose your application this time?

[/quote]

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
I am a FF, pro BF, cosleeping/bedsharing, babywearing & cloth diapering type of momma!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN