Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Was in a car accident this morning :(. **Edit, Anyone ever deal with USAA?**

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:10 AM
  • 57 Replies

I was dropping my mom off to work this morning and someone hit the driver side of my mom's car when I was leaving. She was trying to change lanes but didn't see me there... The car isn't totalled and both me and dd are fine but I am shook up and I don't know why. I have had a few accidents before, but I guess this was the worst one so far.

-When I first started driving I turned too close to a curb and sliced my tire. So my first accident was with a curb.
-Some idiot parked across from our driveway before in our neighborhood and I backed into him because no one is usually parked there.
-Someone rear ended my car when I was sitting at a red light.
-Someone rear ended me when I was driving back to work after taking the deposit to the bank. I worked at a gas station and they were leaving a gas pump and hit me.
-And finally I hit a stop sign going down a hill because it was raining and my brakes wouldn't work, the tires just kept spinning. No I was not going to fast. I started trying to brake at the top of the hill. I chose to hit the stop sign instead of the car that was in front of me.

But yeah I think this was my first car accident that was this bad... :/

**Edit** The lady was driving her son's car and he has USAA insurance, anyone ever deal with this insurance company? I know they are military so I'm hoping they will be good to work with. I already called them and am waiting for an adjuster to call.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
I am a FF, pro BF, cosleeping/bedsharing, babywearing & cloth diapering type of momma!

by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on May. 16, 2013 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Uh oh! Glad you are ok!

Remember you need to replace your dd's
Car seat immediately, you cannot use it anymore.
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Thank you, me too! And yep I know, I am trying to figure out what seat I am going to get... She was in a Cosco Scenera but I think I am going to get something else. I m thinking an Evenflo SureRide but not sure how it will fit in my mom's car. I posted in the car seat group to see what everyone else thought, but no one has responsed yet. That's the seat I was looking at for when she would reach the weight limit of the scenera.

Quoting MamaPeanut:

Uh oh! Glad you are ok!

I am a FF, pro BF, cosleeping/bedsharing, babywearing & cloth diapering type of momma!

MamaPeanut
by Kristy on May. 16, 2013 at 11:25 AM
I can try to help. How old and big is she? And what is the budget?

:)

Quoting k9l1c5:

Thank you, me too! And yep I know, I am trying to figure out what seat I am going to get... She was in a Cosco Scenera but I think I am going to get something else. I m thinking an Evenflo SureRide but not sure how it will fit in my mom's car. I posted in the car seat group to see what everyone else thought, but no one has responsed yet. That's the seat I was looking at for when she would reach the weight limit of the scenera.

Quoting MamaPeanut:

Uh oh! Glad you are ok!

Mznaye
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Im sorry! Did you go to the dr
Courtney610
by Courtney on May. 16, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Glad you guys are okay!
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:26 AM

She's 9 months old, in 18 month clothes and 23 lbs 28 in long. Not sure about torso height. I would like under $100, but it is going on my credit card so I have a little wiggle room... My mom drives a 2001 Toyota Celica and it is a small backseat which is why I had the scenera in there.

Quoting MamaPeanut:

Quoting k9l1c5:

Quoting MamaPeanut:

Uh oh! Glad you are ok!

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:27 AM

No, dd is fine and I think I'm fine. Nothing hurts yet so hopefully I won't have to. Thanks friend :).

Quoting Mznaye:

Im sorry! Did you go to the dr

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Thank you, me too!

Quoting Courtney610:

Glad you guys are okay!

Aujonfire
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Glad you're ok! Be prepared to be nervous while driving or riding in a car.

Do you have a costco membership? We got our dd's carseat from there and it converts so she can use it up to 100lbs. It's a Safety1st Alpha Omega model and we love it. It is pretty large, but we like that we won't have to buy her anything else.

MamaPeanut
by Kristy on May. 16, 2013 at 11:32 AM
For smaller seats, I'd consider a Britax or Evenflo Titan (I haven't checked out the new Sureride yet, it may be a new version of a Titan or similar).

If you have a Toys R Us or Babies R Us near you, they will let you try the demo seats in your car to see how they fit. :)

Evenflo should be under $150 And the Britax Marathon 70 I have was $250. :)

My son is 2 1/2, 37" and 24 pounds and is still comfortably rear facing in it. :)

Again, accidents can be so scary! I'm really glad you are alright. Makes us hug our babies a bit longer when something like that happens.

Quoting k9l1c5:

She's 9 months old, in 18 month clothes and 23 lbs 28 in long. Not sure about torso height. I would like under $100, but it is going on my credit card so I have a little wiggle room... My mom drives a 2001 Toyota Celica and it is a small backseat which is why I had the scenera in there.

Quoting MamaPeanut:

Quoting k9l1c5:

Quoting MamaPeanut:

Uh oh! Glad you are ok!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN