Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

birth control question

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:40 AM
  • 20 Replies

i have had the marana (i think thats how u spell it) for a year now and lately i been getting bad pain on the bottom of my stomach my bf keeps telling me i shld talk it out but im afraid if i go ill get pregnant again :/ anyone having this problem?

by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Babygirl9609
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 5:38 AM
I know a friend who had that. She took it out cuz it bothere her. I've hears horrible things about the Mirena. I think you should take it out. I am currently on the Implant (Nexplanon) and I am also considering taking it out. Ive only had it for a month and I dont like it. It makes sex painful and my legs, arms, back and head have been hurting since I got it. So good luck to you. Ive heard the Mirena can cause cancer as well.
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2013 at 8:18 AM

I would call the doctor. There are other bc options that may work better for you. I have the implanon and have no issues.

shortyshorts25
by on May. 17, 2013 at 10:46 AM

ive heard that about those.. ( i don't personally have one) ive heard both sides good and bad.. i would call your doc like now and let them know whats going on.. 

bomb-diggity2
by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I had the mirena and was having alot of pains and went to the doctor to find out what was going on and it detached from the wall and moved. I had to have it surgically removed and I started using the nuva ring. So easy and not one single problem. I will never use anything else.
huntersmommy91
by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:32 PM
My doc would not let me have the mirana cause of all the problems with it he straight told me no so he put me on the nuva ring had it for 3 years with no problems loved it I haven't been on any bc for a year because I'm staying sex free for now but I'm really thinking about getting back on it soon atleast when I was on it I knew when my period was gonna be lol
lilyrose2011
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 1:13 PM
I just seen one of those " if you have ever had mirena and you have had this ( insert symptoms) then you could have a lawsuit or whatever they say I forgot haha but in any case I chose not to get that because I hear alot of people complain about them
To_the_moon
by on May. 17, 2013 at 9:24 PM
I had the problem and got it checked out and found out it wasn't put in high enough and it hooked into my cervix.
ShelMama
by on May. 17, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaKaylasmom29
by on May. 18, 2013 at 12:34 AM

I had implanon which goes in the arm my monthly was all over the place but other than that I never had any problems.

Nessa-2
by on May. 18, 2013 at 2:25 PM

thank you ladies im making an appointment monday to get it taken out

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN