Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What you think will help your baby learn at her early age? At the same time having fun.

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 9:31 AM
  • 8 Replies

My baby Mayumi love to watch learning show for baby until she fall asleep.

by on May. 17, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Simple-Beauty
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2013 at 9:57 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't think the occasional educational show is bad, but books are always best and it's never too early to begin reading to your baby. Studies have proven over and over that kids who are read to on a daily basis are generally 1-2 years ahead of their peers in language and literacy. We're militant about our children reading/reading to them.

Courtney610
by Courtney on May. 17, 2013 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Totally agree!

Quoting Simple-Beauty:

I don't think the occasional educational show is bad, but books are always best and it's never too early to begin reading to your baby. Studies have proven over and over that kids who are read to on a daily basis are generally 1-2 years ahead of their peers in language and literacy. We're militant about our children reading/reading to them.

LMoseley
by on May. 17, 2013 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Vocabu Larry! Gavin loves him :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shortyshorts25
by on May. 17, 2013 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I have two toddlers so everyday is colors, numbers, shapes, animals,and all kinds of stuff.. we count everything ( like this morning my oldest says (" id like three pieces of apples" lol) I read to them a lot but my little one doesn't stay put for very long lol..they both bring me books to read to them though

Chelsea_rh
by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter is 16 months. She loves loves loves books and she knows ton of shapes and objects already. She can't say then but points them out when I ask. She likes the leapfrog short movies on Netflix and sesame street. I also got her a tag junior which she loves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on May. 17, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely agree!

I also strongly believe in learning through play. Exploring nature, touching, physical play, Etc.

Quoting Simple-Beauty:

villagemamma
by on May. 17, 2013 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

At that age really anything that is new or different is great for them. Everything is a learning experience and it seems like the more you expose them to the more they are able to grasp at a young age. With my dd we watch tv, read, play games, use electronics, cook, go for nature walks, ect.... Just as you do normal day to day things explain what you are doing with your child and why your doing it. even simple things we as adults dont think about like boiling water can be a learning experience for children.

Razzle_Dazzle1
by on May. 17, 2013 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this

The best thing you can do is read to your child. My daughter is four and, even when she was teeny tiny, I read to her. It's the only thing she will sit still for. She has her preschool books that she can read herself, but i read chapter books to her. She loves Harry Potter and Shiloh and a lot of other books. She is at the end of her pre-k year and is already on a second grade reading level. Her teacher just loves her. She even lets her help other students that are struggling. When she was little, I used reading as a bonding activity between us. I did funny voices for different characters and sometimes acted out scenes. She grew up with a love of learning. I got an iPad for Christmas and she took over my Kindle and she reads to me, my husband, and to my 18 month old. We also bought my stepdaughter a Kindle as well and, though she did not grow up loving to read like my girls, she loves reading with me.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN