Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I'm 20 and feel like I have no life.. *UPDATE*

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:06 PM
  • 73 Replies
I live at home and all I really do is stay at home with my son.. The only baby sitters I have are my parents so if I go out I usually have to take my son with me. I just turned 20 and I keep getting offered to go hang out or go to a "party", and as much as I'd like to go be social, I can't.. My bed time is 8-9 because that's when lil man goes to sleep and he doesn't sleep through the night yet. So it feels impossible for anyone willing to watch him at night :/

It's just all kinda getting to me and it sucks. I stop going to work this Sunday and don't go back till August. I really don't have money and I hate asking my parents for some all the time. Regardless as to how much they help out already. But asking for a night outta town seems like too much and because he doesn't sleep through the night yet, my parents won't watch him for me. Idk.. Just getting a bit homebound and it's making me sad that I don't get to go out and meet ppl. At this rate I'll be single forever. :/ sry for my rant, I'm just a bit on the down low right now.

UPDATE
Welp I got off my last day if work yesterday around 3:15 and I went and hung out with some friends. (all guys) One has returned from work for a while and I'm excited to see him again! His name is Angel and we dated once before but I broke it off a year ago because if a few annoying flaws. But lately I've kinda been wondering if he'd at all be willing to try again. 😳 He's kinda here and gone a lot due to work but I still feel like I have feelings for him. I'm gonna wait it out tho. Any who! Yesterday he got me to have a bit if fun by dragging me up a cliff and throwing a BBQ. I managed to get some time before going home and we had a great time :) there were 5 of us and that I think is all we needed. There was alcohol but I only had one Mikes. I needed that day! I feel so much better now. I'm actually excited to see him again soon :3 lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kels1023
by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:08 PM
7 moms liked this
Totally not trying to be rude, but that's what happens when you have children. Did that thought never cross your mind?
Kazmira222
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Well I did, but all my other friends who have kids are capable of getting baby sitters and I'm just kinda SOL right now :/ it just seemed a lot easier when I thought of it. Not so easy now tho..

Quoting kels1023:

Totally not trying to be rude, but that's what happens when you have children. Did that thought never cross your mind?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kazmira222
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 1:15 PM
I wanna live on my own and be able to support myself and to have a loving bf that I can come home to. But that all seems impossible now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RMslady
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Thats how I felt at 20 with a 1 year old in a new town. Lonely. I am married though so that helped a little. But things didn't get better until I discovered that there were play groups for children ib town starting at newborns. I started at the library and went from there. Once I started becoming friends with other young moms things got a lot easier. We find things to do together with the kids along and just get together and hang out while the kids play. It can be lonely being a young mom when all your friends are still at the party age. Good luck!
Chelsea_rh
by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Just be patient.why don't you go on playdates with your friends and their children. Embrace motherhood :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashiebearrr
by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:19 PM
I agree with Kels1023... This is what happens when you have children. Even though we're all very young here, our kids are supposed to come first..
I'm 21 and i'm expecting my first child in July. My Fiance and I are moving in with my parents until we can save up money for our own place. It's hard, I know it is. And I know that there are a million other things you'd rather be doing than staying home but that's what you gotta do now.
I was feeling the exact same way as you are... I was pregnant and single. Living with parents and couldn't go anywhere... I ended up getting on a site called MeetMe, just so I could be social and still meet new people without having to go out and spend.money that I didn't have... And I ended up meeting my wonderful Fiance. (:
Good luck.
RMslady
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Oh and we watch eachothers kids when one needs a night out or something comes up. HUGE plus.
shortyshorts25
by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I'm 26 with two toddlers and stay at home all the time.. its part of having little ones..  as moms i think we all go through this at some point but you have to figure out something else to do other than "party" do you have a car? could you get a part time job? can you have play dates? take the little one to the park? a walk? 

krisrdh2009
by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this
This and why are you worried about finding a man? You need to be single for the time being your focus should be on your son. You have a responsibility now and it's not to party or find a man.

Quoting kels1023:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kazmira222
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 1:42 PM
I've actually been on meetme for a year now lol I've met some alright guys but they wanna hang out and see me and I just can't do it :/ my comfort zone is a bit small and at this rate it won't get any bigger.

Quoting ashiebearrr:

I agree with Kels1023... This is what happens when you have children. Even though we're all very young here, our kids are supposed to come first..

I'm 21 and i'm expecting my first child in July. My Fiance and I are moving in with my parents until we can save up money for our own place. It's hard, I know it is. And I know that there are a million other things you'd rather be doing than staying home but that's what you gotta do now.

I was feeling the exact same way as you are... I was pregnant and single. Living with parents and couldn't go anywhere... I ended up getting on a site called MeetMe, just so I could be social and still meet new people without having to go out and spend.money that I didn't have... And I ended up meeting my wonderful Fiance. (:

Good luck.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN