Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Alright, ladies, the birth control talk

Posted by on May. 18, 2013 at 4:10 PM
  • 25 Replies

I am getting married in three weeks and still do not have a birth control plan. I am terrified because when I was on BC I was ornery and tired all the time. I really don't wanna have to go with the pill or the shots, I have heard terrible things about them. Anyone have implants or anything that they LOVE that will not cost me an arm and a leg?

by on May. 18, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
poshkat
by on May. 18, 2013 at 4:23 PM
I loved my paragard. No hormones, just heavier periods but not painful. I love my tubes being tied more.
Nicholy10
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2013 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I HATED implanon. 

I got it when my son was 6 weeks old. I bled almost constantly until it was removed this past week (he's 9 months old now). Yes an 8 month long period. 

And I don't know if it's related or not but in the past 8 months my health went to pot, and I had to have my gall bladder removed. Then was diagnosed with hypothyriodism, b12 deficiency, and orthostatic hypotension. I've also had a ridiculous amount of recurrent migraines. 

Then getting it out was hell. Mainly because it got stuck, and so ouch he had to cut deeper and just ugh. It's going to scar. 

I HATED IT.

Never have found a bc I like. I give up. I'm going back to condoms, then after 1 more baby, my hubby is going to be snipped. That's my plan. 

Bres_Mommy_11
by on May. 18, 2013 at 4:32 PM

I was afraid of that :( haha the perfect "plan" doesn't exist. It's just, my hubby doesn't cum with condoms and I really don't want to risk having another baby right now. I guess it's just individualistic then, isn't it? I am a total birth control newbie and don't know a ton about it. Just heard rotten stories:/

Quoting Nicholy10:

I HATED implanon. 

I got it when my son was 6 weeks old. I bled almost constantly until it was removed this past week (he's 9 months old now). Yes an 8 month long period. 

And I don't know if it's related or not but in the past 8 months my health went to pot, and I had to have my gall bladder removed. Then was diagnosed with hypothyriodism, b12 deficiency, and orthostatic hypotension. I've also had a ridiculous amount of recurrent migraines. 

Then getting it out was hell. Mainly because it got stuck, and so ouch he had to cut deeper and just ugh. It's going to scar. 

I HATED IT.

Never have found a bc I like. I give up. I'm going back to condoms, then after 1 more baby, my hubby is going to be snipped. That's my plan. 

PeaceLoveAndTea
by on May. 18, 2013 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I have my Mirena and I love the little guy. It doesn't make me tired or ornery and sometimes I don't even have a period. He's mah bestie.

danijean
by on May. 18, 2013 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Read up on natural family planning! No hormones no side effects. It seems confusing but once you start tracking your period it's easy peasy.

Quoting Bres_Mommy_11:

I was afraid of that :( haha the perfect "plan" doesn't exist. It's just, my hubby doesn't cum with condoms and I really don't want to risk having another baby right now. I guess it's just individualistic then, isn't it? I am a total birth control newbie and don't know a ton about it. Just heard rotten stories:/

Quoting Nicholy10:

I HATED implanon. 

I HATED IT.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SJG1013
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 4:35 PM
I have the patch. It's awesome!
Nicholy10
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Well my experience is 

Pills suck- they made my periods more painful and heavier. And they caused worse mood swings than pregnancy. 

Nuvaring sucks- Increased UTIs and vaginal infections and yeast infections. Gross too. Periods a mess. Lots of cramping.

Mirena stupid- It wouldn't go in... My uterus is tilted and doctor could not get it in. My friend had it. She said she cramped nonstop for 2 months, then periods were nonexistant, but she spotted all the freakin time. She hates it. She says she still cramps more often than not. She's had it for almost a year now. 

Implanon  bad-already told ya that story

condoms- no comfy, and just bleh.  But no side effects. So far the winners unfortunately.

Quoting Bres_Mommy_11:

Quoting Nicholy10:

I HATED implanon. 

I HATED IT.

Bres_Mommy_11
by on May. 18, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I have been tracking my periods BUT... My periods are way out of wack. I NEVER know when I am going to start. Even with a period tracker app. That's my problem :/ Also, I don't even want to risk not using anything because we cannot afford to have another baby right now. So what do you advise for that?

Quoting danijean:

Read up on natural family planning! No hormones no side effects. It seems confusing but once you start tracking your period it's easy peasy.

Quoting Bres_Mommy_11:

Quoting Nicholy10:

I HATED implanon. 

I HATED IT.

cLanief
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 4:49 PM
My so got snipped! Free for me and no hormones lol
lydias_mommy12
by on May. 18, 2013 at 4:54 PM
I love my paragard. No hormones! Yay! Lol. I don't have any side effects from it other than cramping and heavier bleeding than before, which is either because of the IUD, cysts, tilted uterus, or my body just adjusting after baby. I got it 4 weeks after dd was born and still going strong over a year later.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)