Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

My personal impression of sahm's (from a working mom)

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 3:03 PM
  • 46 Replies
26 moms liked this
I'm totally jealous. In my mind you sahm's have the hardest yet the best jobs ever. I have a deep appreciation for all sahm's and the only feeling I have that would be negative towards them would be that I'm jealous!

If I had the opportunity to be one, I would jump at it in a heartbeat! Sahm's work their butts off every single moment of every day. They don't get paid in monetary value or get sick days or vacation time. However they get to spend priceless moments with their kids that I could only dream of.

I hate the recent posts bashing sahm's & I just wanted to make a positive post about them.
by on May. 19, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katieGrace
by on May. 19, 2013 at 3:05 PM
2 moms liked this
Thanks so much for seeing this! I was so scared it was going to be a bashing post.
BabyRuca
by on May. 19, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Haha, not from me by any means. I work full time because financially we couldn't get by without me working. If we could though, I'd totally be a sahm. It makes me sick to see bashing posted about it

Quoting katieGrace:

Thanks so much for seeing this! I was so scared it was going to be a bashing post.

Sunny2morrow
by on May. 19, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I dont think SAHM have a harder job than working mothers, but kudos to any mom. 

joshsgirl12
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Thank you! I just became one a few months ago and I love it.
Allons-y
by Rose Tyler on May. 19, 2013 at 3:12 PM
4 moms liked this
I personally think being a working mom is harder, but it doesn't make one better than the other. I LOVE staying home and am so grateful I have the opportunity. I hated working full time.
TJandKarasMom
by on May. 19, 2013 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I totally agree with you, I am sooo jealous of SAHMs! I want to homeschool my kids even, but I will still have to work too...I'm really hoping DH can get a new job making what he should be making so I can stay home. IMO, the point of having kids is to raise them and care for them, I miss them all day even though I only work when they are in school, I still don't like it.
raye-chan
by Raye on May. 19, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I love being a SAHM but in the past couple of months I've missed working so I'll be trading in my SAHM badge to become a working mom lol =)

littlecheifsmom
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 3:31 PM
I miss working. I love my kids but I need to work for many reasons. I can't wait to be working again
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Bookoholic
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Me too.

Quoting littlecheifsmom:

I miss working. I love my kids but I need to work for many reasons. I can't wait to be working again

BabyRuca
by on May. 19, 2013 at 3:40 PM
I've found that some women thrive at being working moms. It is not an easy thing to be, and I personally think I would be happier being a stahm. Its awesome that you have a choice :)

Quoting littlecheifsmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)