Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

help me with some makeover ideas...plz&thanks

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 6:18 PM
  • 30 Replies

Hi ladies!!! I'm looking for a new look because I obviously need one lol. My hair curls most of the time, but right now it's in that awkward stage of length so it usually looks like this. :( I don't wear makeup much, but when I do it's not a lot. Any tips on how to get rid of this God forsaken acne would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance for any tips to help me change up my look.

Update: posted a pic on pg. 3 with my hair & makeup done. Overlook my Childs face, she never smiles until after the camera clicks lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 20, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2013 at 6:23 PM

What kind of things are you using to wash your face now? Or what have you tried? While your hair is in that awkward length I would try to straighten it until it grows out a little more.

KimTaylor76
by on May. 20, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Have you thought about dying your hair? Maybe high lights or low lights, just shake things up a bit lol. My sister was telling me about this natural stuff shes been using for acne and hers is finally clearing up from it. Shes 27 and shes had acne for years, if youd like I can ask her what it is and tell ya. Send me a message if youd like and I can get back to you with it :)
lilpsmommie2011
by on May. 20, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Sometimes I do straighten it, it really depends on the weather and if I have time. I have new facial cleansing cloths, but so far they haven't really helped. I've tried a bunch of different cleansers and nothings ever worked. The stuff I was prescribed from the dermatologist worked great, I just can't afford to go back.

Quoting k9l1c5:

What kind of things are you using to wash your face now? Or what have you tried? While your hair is in that awkward length I would try to straighten it until it grows out a little more.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
latricianicole
by on May. 20, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Hi! Maybe you could curl your hairl all over to give it more volume. (loose curls) If you don't like to wear a lot of makeup you could try a little eyeliner, mascara, and lip gloss. Hope this helps.

lilpsmommie2011
by on May. 20, 2013 at 6:32 PM
It's dyed now, but it needs to be redone. I just can't decide on a color, but it has to be a natural color.

Quoting KimTaylor76:

Have you thought about dying your hair? Maybe high lights or low lights, just shake things up a bit lol. My sister was telling me about this natural stuff shes been using for acne and hers is finally clearing up from it. Shes 27 and shes had acne for years, if youd like I can ask her what it is and tell ya. Send me a message if youd like and I can get back to you with it :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilpsmommie2011
by on May. 20, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Any suggestion is helpful, thank you.

Quoting latricianicole:

Hi! Maybe you could curl your hairl all over to give it more volume. (loose curls) If you don't like to wear a lot of makeup you could try a little eyeliner, mascara, and lip gloss. Hope this helps.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
latricianicole
by on May. 20, 2013 at 6:39 PM

your welcome!

Dibsy
by on May. 20, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Until your hair grows out, you could do some beachy waves with a homemade sea salt spray. I just made some and it's great for when you don't have the time or energy to do your hair, you just spray and done and its so much cheaper than buying products. Throw in some highlights and I'd call it good! Also, my makeup routine is minimal unless I'm going someplace I'd embarrass my husband otherwise, so all I do is throw on eyeliner (makes a HUGE difference) and some mascara. Three minutes tops and the difference on me at least is huge.
lilpsmommie2011
by on May. 20, 2013 at 6:57 PM
How do you make the sea salt spray? I do wear eyeliner sometimes, and it makes a HUGE difference lol. Just wanted to have a clean face in the pic I posted.

Quoting Dibsy:

Until your hair grows out, you could do some beachy waves with a homemade sea salt spray. I just made some and it's great for when you don't have the time or energy to do your hair, you just spray and done and its so much cheaper than buying products. Throw in some highlights and I'd call it good! Also, my makeup routine is minimal unless I'm going someplace I'd embarrass my husband otherwise, so all I do is throw on eyeliner (makes a HUGE difference) and some mascara. Three minutes tops and the difference on me at least is huge.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vrouse
by on May. 20, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Mary Kay has a blemish cream that I use. It's called acne treatment gel. It has 5% benzoyl peroxide and comes in a 1oz tube but a dab goes a long way. I love it. Idk how much it costs because I got it for free for ordering some makeup from bf friends wife
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN