Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Dark Spot Correctors That Won't Break the Bank?

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 9:58 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have struggled with acne for 15 years now. These days its mostly under control when I use Proactiv, however the last decade and a half has wreaked havoc on my face. My daughter asked me today why I have spots on my face :( I was kind of embarrassed.

I'm 21 weeks pregnant and need something safe but effective that won't break the bank. Anyone have any suggestions?

by on May. 20, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiredme
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:20 PM

It won't let me post the link but ANEW Clinical Absolute Even works really well.  I have talked to people that noticed a difference after only using a sample 2-3 times.  I would definitely talk to your doctor before using anything while pregnant.  Maybe print the ingredient list and show it to the doctor.

twade26
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Most bb and cc creams have spot correctors in them, even the cheaper brands. 

KenzieQsMommy
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 11:03 PM

I'll look into that, thanks! I definitely plan on clearing anything I try with my dr first

Quoting tiredme:

It won't let me post the link but ANEW Clinical Absolute Even works really well.  I have talked to people that noticed a difference after only using a sample 2-3 times.  I would definitely talk to your doctor before using anything while pregnant.  Maybe print the ingredient list and show it to the doctor.

KenzieQsMommy
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Is that like the makeup stuff I see ads for? I don't really wear makeup often because its always made my acne worse.
Quoting twade26:

twade26
by on May. 21, 2013 at 6:24 AM

Yeah but it is more of a tinted moisturizer then a foundation. 

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Is that like the makeup stuff I see ads for? I don't really wear makeup often because its always made my acne worse.
Quoting twade26:

TempestRayne
by Donna on May. 21, 2013 at 1:56 PM
No idea. I am trying to find a good micro dermabrasion or chemical peel that won't break the bank. My wright tends to Yo Yo and that has led to me looking older than I am.
KenzieQsMommy
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2013 at 2:05 PM
I have tried.microdermabrasian and chemical peels and they torture my skin. My face is so sensitive.
I hate these spots. I used to never wear makeup but I'm starting to feel like I dont wanna leave the house without it because I look like a junkie or something :-/

Quoting TempestRayne:

No idea. I am trying to find a good micro dermabrasion or chemical peel that won't break the bank. My wright tends to Yo Yo and that has led to me looking older than I am.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Kali on May. 21, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Nothing will take them totally away but I hear Neutrogena makes a good one for around $20. Olay is another good brand but I am not 100% sure they have a dark spot corrector.
KenzieQsMommy
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2013 at 2:31 PM
If they faded enough that makeup will actually cover them well I'd be happy. Hate feeling like I have to coat myself in paint to feel confident. I'll look into neutrogena, most of their stuff is pretty good. Thanks!

Quoting PeaceMuch:

Nothing will take them totally away but I hear Neutrogena makes a good one for around $20. Olay is another good brand but I am not 100% sure they have a dark spot corrector.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AutuColt1983
by on May. 21, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Lemon. Take a slice ok lemon, put brown or granulated sugar on it add honey and scrub you face. The lemon juice will help lighten the scars, sugar exfoliates, honey moisturizers leaving skin soft and nice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)