Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Burglary Suspects Accidentally Dial 911 Mid-Crime & the Tape Will Crack You Up (VIDEO)

Posted by on May. 21, 2013 at 8:57 AM
  • 4 Replies

Burglary Suspects Accidentally Dial 911 Mid-Crime & the Tape Will Crack You Up (VIDEO)

by Nicole Fabian-Weber

Nathan Teklemariam and Carson RinehartAh, butt dialing. It's gotten countless people in trouble -- cheating lovers; shit-talking friends. But(t) now it's dovetailed into a new realm: Accidentally butt-dialing 911 mid-crime. What are the odds? Slim, to say the least. But hey, this really happens.

Nathan Teklemariam and Carson Rinehart, both 20, were hanging out recently when one of them accidentally dialed 911. When the operator answered the call, unbeknownst to them, they began talking about their desire to get high. "I just want to smoke weed so bad right now," one of them reportedly said as the dispatcher in Fresno, California listened to the conversation. But after a half hour or so, the discussion went in another direction. The boys were narrating a burglary they were allegedly committing -- and the operator heard every last word.

"Get the bolt and give me the hammer just in case," one of the boys was allegedly heard saying. Then moments later, the operator heard a window break, followed by shouting about how prescription drugs had been found. The operator then tipped off police to the boys' location. Shortly thereafter, they were pulled over, arrested, and charged with burglary, conspiracy, and possession of stolen property. Looks like somebody may have taken one too many bong hits, man.

At first when I read this story, I admit, I thought it was a little odd that the dispatcher stayed on for an entire half hour. Sure, the dudes were talking about weed and whatnot (and that was bound to be an entertaining conversation!), but it didn't sound like they had marijuana on them at the time of the call, or they were selling it. And since the operator didn't call police right away, it's almost like: Why not just hang up and not waste time? Aren't there real emergencies to be waiting for? No need for the audio version of Harold and Kumar.

But it's a good thing he or she did. A real crime was committed 30 minutes in. No, nobody was shot or killed, but who knows what could have happened? If the suspects were to have driven under the influence, something really awful could have happened.

And seriously. If you're going to butt dial 911 while talking about weed, you need to pay in some way. No one deserves to get away with that.

What do you think of this?

by on May. 21, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Lol wow. Reminds me of something you would see on world's dumbest criminals.
rocrobin90
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with u. lol

Quoting k9l1c5:

Lol wow. Reminds me of something you would see on world's dumbest criminals.

ShireeCS
by Shiree on May. 21, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Haha too funny
TempestRayne
by Donna on May. 21, 2013 at 1:47 PM
I am amazed. Seriously.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)