Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

"She would be so much cuter if she was a little blue-eyed blonde!"

Posted by on May. 22, 2013 at 10:39 PM
  • 47 Replies

I have the cutest little niece/goddaughter, she's about 6 months old. She's half Hispanic and has a head full of black hair. Well a friend of mine saw her for the first time the other day. "She's too cute, but would be much cuter with blonde hair and blue eyes! If I ever have a baby, I want it to look just like her...except I want it to have blonde hair and blue eyes!" I don't know if it's just me, but I thought that was a little rude. I have a lot of Medditerian influence in my heritage, so I myself was a baby with a head full of dark hair, as was everyone in my family. I expect my daughter, and future children to have the same. Do people really favor blonde babies that much? Have you had any experiences like this?

by on May. 22, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LongBeachLiz
by on May. 22, 2013 at 10:42 PM
My kids are both blonde hair blue eyed so ice never personally experienced that but that is exceptionally rude. Why not just say the baby is cute and stop there? You can think all you want just keep it to yourself
twade26
by on May. 22, 2013 at 10:42 PM
6 moms liked this

Your friend sounds like a dumb ass.

mollymae09
by on May. 22, 2013 at 10:48 PM
That is very rude! I'm sure she is gorgeous as she is. I personally think dark haired/eyed babies are stinking adorable! My son has dark brown eyes and everybody loves them!
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Nope dd was born with pitch black hair but as she grew up it got lighter to a reddish brown which my hair was similar until school years.  DD is lucky she still has the pretty reddish brown color rather than going dark brown like i did.  Your friends baby , if blonde/blue, probably would not be close in facial structure of your god-daughter given her heritage.

FoxTales
by on May. 22, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this
If she were blonde and blue eyed, she wouldn't look at all like her anymore, and would therefore not be nearly as cute, if you friend thinks she's cute. Your friend makes no sense.... Just like her, only totally different?

Uhm... Kinda dumb if you ask me.

Blonde haired and blue eyed kids aren't the perfect gene stream, regardless of what history (Hitler, for example...) seems to dictate. Forget it.. The most beautiful people I have seen have dark hair and dark eyes... And other gorgeous people have blue eyes and blonde hair, or whatever... So no... They aren't cuter. My son has gorgeous brown eyes with long dark lashes. I would never want him to have blue eyes, though I hope my next little one snags dh's blue eyes just because I'm in love with his eyes. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2manydiapers
by on May. 22, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Mobile Photo

I have 3 boys, 4, 2.5, and 18m.

My oldest is blonde blue eyed and from a previous relationship. Dh is his panic, and his family often favors our oldest based on his loks. Even with ss and yds being "their blood". It happens.
childofgod04
by on May. 22, 2013 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this
My son is mixed (black/white) and has the most beautiful eyes. They are hazel but change depending on what he's wearing or the day. He has dark brown hair and a great complexion. I wouldn't have it any other way. I think babies who have dark hair/eyes are pretty or handsome too.
villagemamma
by on May. 22, 2013 at 11:07 PM

NAZI!!!!! lol jk. But that was a stupid thing for her to say.

MJuliet
by on May. 22, 2013 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this

lol, well my grandfather told my grandmother he would have never married her if she didn't have blue eyes...... how screwed up is that!?

KawaiiLila
by on May. 22, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Yeah... That's not right. All kinds of people can be beautiful. And not everyone favors light hair and eyes. It's all a matter of opinion and tastes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN