Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Dinner Ideas! (Share your delicious information!!)

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 10:34 AM
  • 30 Replies
I want to make some new stuff for our family to eat. I need places to find good recipes! Please share sites where you find good recipes for your family... or if you want to share your recipes, DO SO!! :) My son tends to be a picky eater... so if you have some things that your picky eaters like, share that too.
by on May. 23, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I have found a lot of my recipes in the meal planning group and on pinterest. What kind of things do you normally make?

geekymom08
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Baked Chicken (would continue to make it if I could find a new recipe for it), Spaghetti, fish sticks, homemade chicken bites or strips (fried or baked), steaks, oodle noodles, baked ham, Chicken noodle soup, potroast soup on top of rice, Chicken pot pie, and homemade salad. Thats all I can think of off the top of my head

So far, I have been thinking of adding some summer foods in like Potato salad, hot dogs, hamburgers, meatloaf, tacos, burritos, sandwiches, pork chops and then add maybe chili and crockpot potroast but Im worried about it being too hot outside for those two. Just looking for things to toss in to change up the foods... or something to change up what we already eat. Im not a culinary genuis and I wish I was...

Quoting k9l1c5:

I have found a lot of my recipes in the meal planning group and on pinterest. What kind of things do you normally make?

SJG1013
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 11:36 AM
What food does your child like?
bclassybutsassy
by on May. 23, 2013 at 11:39 AM

OOO OOO OOO me me me!!  

its not dinner but its a good add on! chilli dip, I make it all the time and my so ALWAYS eats all of it lol!! and my dd well she eats all the chips 

all you need is 3 things

1. a can of chilli

2. a pack of cream cheese (i only use half) 

3. chips

all you do is put the chilli in a pot on the stove when its warm add the cream cheese and stir until its mixed up and then pour it into a bowl sprinkle some cheese on top and serve with chips! 

theosgirl45
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 11:43 AM

When we make chicken noodle soup we take boneless skinless thighs and boil them(salt, pepper, parsley) and then take the chicken out of the water to let it cool.  Then we shred the chicken and put it back in the same water with some Reames Frozen Egg Noodles and frozen peas.  Let it boil until the noodles and the peas are done(adding some chicken stock if necessary) Then we serve it on top of mashed potatoes.  We don't usually have leftovers.

I also really like boiled cabbage and potatoes. I take a pan and put cut up potatoes, cabbage, and chicken stock in it and let it boil until the cabbage and potatoes are almost done then add some cut up hillshire farm skinless smoked sausage and let it cook until the everything is done.  I am the only one who likes it tho, no one else likes cabbage and potatoes.

In vain he thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts.

geekymom08
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Chili, turkey sandwiches and rolled up turkey slices, Ham in all forms, plain hamburger, baked french fries, depends on the day if he likes a plain hot dog, "rocking red beans" (Kidney beans), chef boyardee spaghetti, chicken pot pie, chicken strips, chicken nuggets, chicken noodle soup, corn dogs, tacos and pizza.

We are trying to get him to try new foods like steamed broccoli, steamed carrots, apples with peanut butter, bananas, strawberries, different types of potatoes made in the oven, and more foods like we usually eat, but he is resistant half of the time.

Any tips on how to dress up food to make it fun to try??

Quoting SJG1013:

geekymom08
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I love boiled cabbage! So does my husband (my mom makes it for me when we have big summer dinners)... Didnt think of that!!

Quoting theosgirl45:

When we make chicken noodle soup we take boneless skinless thighs and boil them(salt, pepper, parsley) and then take the chicken out of the water to let it cool.  Then we shred the chicken and put it back in the same water with some Reames Frozen Egg Noodles and frozen peas.  Let it boil until the noodles and the peas are done(adding some chicken stock if necessary) Then we serve it on top of mashed potatoes.  We don't usually have leftovers.

I also really like boiled cabbage and potatoes. I take a pan and put cut up potatoes, cabbage, and chicken stock in it and let it boil until the cabbage and potatoes are almost done then add some cut up hillshire farm skinless smoked sausage and let it cook until the everything is done.  I am the only one who likes it tho, no one else likes cabbage and potatoes.

SJG1013
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 11:55 AM
You could try scalloped potatoes with ham chunks or hot dogs. My daughter love yellow squash and zucchini sliced and cooked in the oven with a little but of seasoning and a little oil( so doesn't stick. Make the tin foil in a pocket and cook on 350 for like 15-20 depending on the cut. Soft is better.( she's 19 months) she likes dip so I give her broccoli to dip in it. Hot dogs and baked beans? Chicken Alfredo?

Quoting geekymom08:

Chili, turkey sandwiches and rolled up turkey slices, Ham in all forms, plain hamburger, baked french fries, depends on the day if he likes a plain hot dog, "rocking red beans" (Kidney beans), chef boyardee spaghetti, chicken pot pie, chicken strips, chicken nuggets, chicken noodle soup, corn dogs, tacos and pizza.

We are trying to get him to try new foods like steamed broccoli, steamed carrots, apples with peanut butter, bananas, strawberries, different types of potatoes made in the oven, and more foods like we usually eat, but he is resistant half of the time.

Any tips on how to dress up food to make it fun to try??

Quoting SJG1013:

emilyelephant
by on May. 23, 2013 at 12:11 PM

I just made chicken tacos last night, really easy, cause I'm lazy.

Mild red enchilada sauce

thawed boneless chicken breasts

taco seasoning packet

throw in crockpot for 5-6 hours

rockinmomto2
by on May. 23, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Pinterest, All Recipes.

Ooh, I found a new one on Pinterest that got DH to eat cauliflower for the first time! Basically you make it like buffalo wings, just with cauliflower. It's delicious. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN