Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

How far is too far???

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:27 AM
  • 17 Replies

My Husband has a now 14 yr old child that he doesn't get to see because her mom says its too far. We live like an hour and a half away. I call BS. He has followed her all over the country to try to spend time with her but its always something. its either too far or inconvenient. I don't get it. He wants to have a relationship with his daughter but her mother won't allow that to happen. I think it's ridiculous. She gets money every month from his disability check so I think we can push for visits but then again i'm not sure.

by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamadrama15
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:04 AM
If he wants a relationship than push. Legally she can't keep that child away. He has rights.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rmfanfgljf
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:06 AM
I'd call bullshit. My niece live 2 or 3 states away from bil and as much as her mother would love to keep her dd away she can't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Do you guys split the driving to go get her? I don't think she should keep him from him, but on the same hand I wouldn't want to always be the one having to drive an hour and a half to get her or drop her off.

erin708
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Is there a custody agreement? If not he should get one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexislovesjr
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:55 AM

this

Quoting mamadrama15:

If he wants a relationship than push. Legally she can't keep that child away. He has rights.

TempestRayne
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Quoting k9l1c5:

Do you guys split the driving to go get her? I don't think she should keep him from him, but on the same hand I wouldn't want to always be the one having to drive an hour and a half to get her or drop her off.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on May. 24, 2013 at 11:44 AM
This.

Quoting k9l1c5:

MamaPeanut
by Kristy on May. 24, 2013 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Get a court order.

Your dh is just being lazy and making excuses.
ShelMama
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:26 PM
This

Quoting PeaceMuch:

This.

Quoting k9l1c5:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raye-chan
by Raye on May. 25, 2013 at 3:48 AM
Time to get a court order of he wants to see his other child bad enough honestly. That way if she tries it again, she'll be breaking the court order.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN