Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

we are finally moving!!! & a few questions

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:48 AM
  • 6 Replies
Its not the house we have been searching for but its a really nice apartments. We move june 6th and im so excited!
Although i do have a question..
Can we stay until june 6 th and not pay rent for june? We hadnt let her know yet we found a place. Everyone said let her know on the thirtyfirst or to just stay there then leave since we are on a month to month lease currently. What should we do?

If we stayed at a hotel for a week it will be350 total and SO thinks thinks that too much money and we should stay at a relatives house.

Honestly i dont want to because i need my privacy and i feel uncomfortable taken out my element so, what do you thin??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
k9l1c5
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:12 AM

What does your lease say? If you stay until the 6th you may have to pay her for June. And some places require written notice within a certain amount of days that you will be moving.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on May. 24, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Pay June, most will give back the prorated amount left from June.
MamaCryss20112
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Whats a prorate?

Quoting PeaceMuch:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaCryss20112
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Our lease was up last October. We just pay month to month between the first and the fifth, 750 & 800 any day after that up until the fifteenth of the month.

Quoting k9l1c5:

What does your lease say? If you stay until the 6th you may have to pay her for June. And some places require written notice within a certain amount of days that you will be moving.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bookoholic
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:31 PM
I would do as the above ladies have mentioned plus let your landlord know your intent to move asap.
PeaceMuch
by Kali on May. 24, 2013 at 1:00 PM
They pay you back for the days you didn't live there in June. They divide the amount you paid for rent hy the days in the month and they keep the amount you lived there.

Quoting MamaCryss20112:

Whats a prorate?

Quoting PeaceMuch:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)