Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pinterest

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:58 PM
  • 9 Replies
U might think I am dumb but I have no idea what Pinterest is. Can someone tell me? I see people talking about it a lot on here
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
shannzuno
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Its addicting thats what it is. Lol. Id honestly say to check it out. Someone else can describe it tho.
k9l1c5
by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Yes, addicting! Honestly it's hard to explain... but you can go on there and search for things and then a bunch of great ideas and recipes pop up. You "pin" them to your "boards" to save them. But something that was really confusing when I first started with it was where is the information?! At first it just looks like a bunch of pictures but you have to click on the picture once to pin and then AGAIN to get the actual recipe or idea or whatever you are looking up.

Quoting shannzuno:

Its addicting thats what it is. Lol. Id honestly say to check it out. Someone else can describe it tho.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
I am a FF, pro BF, cosleeping/bedsharing, babywearing & cloth diapering type of momma!

avasmama1375
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:02 PM
I did check it out and I don't really get it lol
k9l1c5
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:48 PM
I didn't get it at first either, but once you do you will be obsessed!

Quoting avasmama1375:

I did check it out and I don't really get it lol
Courtney610
by Courtney on May. 25, 2013 at 7:16 AM
I use it, but I don't get the obsession. If I see something a where on the web that I want to save, I pin it on Pinterest. I don't sit there and just search.
WeddingSwan
by on May. 25, 2013 at 7:26 AM

Pinterest is a social sharing platform that can be used to organize pictures on online bulletin boards.

I am obsessed with wedding pictures and every time I come along a neat picture while browsing the internet I post it on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/weddingswan/

You should definitely try it. It's truly addicting ;)

MMerrill
by on May. 25, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Say you're interested in cooking, baking, recipes... you can make your own profile and make your own "board" and title it "Food"...

Then you can look at the "Food and Drink" category on Pinterest and scroll through all the millions of pins.  When you see something you like, you can click on it and it'll bring it up and from there you can go to the website it was pinned from and see the recipe/pictures.  If you like it (even if you want to save it for later and don't have time to view the website) you can pin it to your board and then you'll have it!

sweeteysmc
by on May. 26, 2013 at 2:32 AM

Yeah its great if you like to craft, want to make stuff at home, activities for the kids, picture ideas, I have a board for everything i learned how to make my own cleaning products, home remedies, cute things for around the house 

iluvmy2somuch
by on May. 26, 2013 at 9:37 AM

its a place where you like organize with pictures what you like your interests and ideas etc. it is sooo addictive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)