Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3yr old cleaning his room the hardest job in the world

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:38 PM
  • 4 Replies
Its been like 2 days ive been tryin to get my 3yr old to clean his room he always says its toonhard and ends up throwing this big fir where I just end up putting him to bed and it never gets done

But yet he is perfectly happy if I ask him to pick up things in my room

Im 37 weeks pregnant so I get snappy real quick I swear it probably sounded like I was beating him because he just started whining so I yelled pretty good at him when he threw his fit still I spanked him not even that bad but he screams bloody murder like hes dying or something ugh sorry I just need to vent he isdriving me crazy he is the sweetest kid until it comes time to clean HIS room im about to just throw every one of his toys away!
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
frndlyfn
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

It is hard for a 3 yr old.   Break it down into different types of toys.  Sit on a chair or bed and supervise him.  Cheer him on when he completes putting away his legos, army men, balls, books etc.   Not his fault you are pregnant and miserable.

ChillC23
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:40 PM
When he does good which he occasionally does I make a big deal of it to make him feels good , but his room wasnt even that bad and I know he can do it cause ive seen him do it just fine, and sometimes when I dont feel good ill ask him to pick up my room since hes always in there and he does it willingly and happily but yet with his room its a differnt story and every time I ask him to clean his room im usually in there he likes to ask me where to put things

Quoting frndlyfn:

It is hard for a 3 yr old.   Break it down into different types of toys.  Sit on a chair or bed and supervise him.  Cheer him on when he completes putting away his legos, army men, balls, books etc.   Not his fault you are pregnant and miserable.

lilmama8408
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this
My 4yr old still needs help sometimes. We pick 1 type of toy and clean together and sing the clean up song. But he's amazing helper with his sister. Even when I was pregnant with DD who's now almost 1 I helped and being pregnant isn't a reason to be snippy with a child, they don't understand. And maybe helping your room is more fun
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaPeanut
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:00 PM
This! :)

Quoting frndlyfn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)