Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

HELP I'M TALKING TO A BRICK WALL!

Posted by on May. 25, 2013 at 2:47 PM
  • 9 Replies
I need serious advice ASAP! I have two beautiful energetic healthy kids that recently and mysteriously became deaf! My son is four and my new step daughter is two. For the last two-three weeks they both have started using me as a door mat. I have tried everything I could think of. No matter what it is that I'm telling them to do they either ignore me completely or do the opposite every time. I have no idea how to make them listen and behave. I can't walk anywhere with them because they will try and run off into the road or right in front of other people (flea market, mall, store). I ask them to pick up their toys and they will stay in their rooms for hours instead of simply picking them up. My step daughter has been doing nothing but whining constantly for two weeks. Every sound that she makes is a whine. And when you try to discipline her she "mean mugs" me/ Looks at me with this stubborn "I don't care face". It's like she's got the attitude of a 16-18 year old teen and I'm only 24! I have tried everything! Discipline of all kinds and nothing has worked on either one of them. I can't even discipline my step daughter because she refuses whatever discipline you try to give her. She screams no at me and everything is "mine" to the point that she literally fights with my son and me to get whatever she wants. Someone please give me some advice! I'm so lost I don't know where to start or what behavior to try and change first!!
by on May. 25, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Marinewife_1990
by on May. 25, 2013 at 2:52 PM

My kids have been doing a little of the same things lately but i just broke out with spankins because for the longest time i was not spanking them and after i showed them who was boss they then started to listen i hate spanking my kids too becuase there so darn cust but it did help now i just grab the belt like im gonna spank em and then they do what i say lol sounds so mean but it works my kids are 2&6

rachellenum1
by on May. 25, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Thank you for the quick response! I have tried spanking however and maybe I'm so scared I'll actually physically hurt them and maybe I don't spank hard enough. But whatever the reason spankings don't phase my two children! They will cry (without tears lol) but then two minutes later they are back doing whatever it was they just got spanked for! And its so hard to spank them in public. I had a family friend who was my babysitter for my son a while back and when she took him grocery shopping he locked her out of the car. She smacked his hand and told him to never lock the car doors! We live in such a small town that four elderly women called the police and before she made it two minutes down the road they had her pulled over and was questioning my son about abuse. I don't know how to spank them in public?
Marinewife_1990
by on May. 25, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Holy crap! It really dosent phase my kids either only someitmes when were in public and there just asking for it lol i usually just smack there hand once one good time but it is harder when in public because people think they can tell you how to be a parent try time out i've been doing that as well my kids hate time out or take away privelages

Marinewife_1990
by on May. 25, 2013 at 3:10 PM

And yea it seems hard to get a reply on this site people post something crazy and get 5555555555 reply's I have no idea if this site is worth my time or what

rachellenum1
by on May. 25, 2013 at 4:45 PM
I just became a member today so I'm not sure how long it takes to get decent replys :(. But I appreciate your response! I just tried spanking again. I asked them to pick up everything in their bedroom floor and gave them a warning when they just played. I even tried making a game out of it. Then I resorted to spanking! But it didn't matter. They are still I there now telling me that they will stay in their all day but they are not cleaning because they do not want to! I need that Nanny from the nannyshow!!!
Marinewife_1990
by on May. 25, 2013 at 5:11 PM

It'll be okay just keep practicin i been trying to get my kids to clean but cant seem to get off of the computer lol but im about to go now so when i get back on ill let you know how our cleaning went

Quoting rachellenum1:

I just became a member today so I'm not sure how long it takes to get decent replys :(. But I appreciate your response! I just tried spanking again. I asked them to pick up everything in their bedroom floor and gave them a warning when they just played. I even tried making a game out of it. Then I resorted to spanking! But it didn't matter. They are still I there now telling me that they will stay in their all day but they are not cleaning because they do not want to! I need that Nanny from the nannyshow!!!

momtodab
by on May. 25, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Well i tried to post so you may have two from me. But go to loveandlogic.com I have a 4 year old and 3 year old and 4 month old. The 4 year old boy is my step son and i have him in behavioral therapy and thats where i learned of it. and it works wonders. Its a completely different way of discipline. You will need patience but it does work! 

rachellenum1
by on May. 25, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Is it expensive? We are on a very tight budget in this house :( I have been trying to find some free help but that's like finding a needle in a haystack!

sweeteysmc
by on May. 26, 2013 at 3:00 AM

my oldest was a crazy stubborn child and no discipline will end all bad behavior. Consistancy is key. If they dont clean there room then they dont get toys to play with. If they ignore you ignore them, unless its life threatning or somthing. One key to spanking i have used its dont make it quick make its slow and ominous.  First sit them down. Look at them grimmly do not show them you are upset this is war.  Esxplain to them why they are getting a spanking. Do the deed. Make them sit and think about it for a while. This is will be hard battle but you have to get creative. I always made sure the punishment had something to do with the crime. such as the taking the toys away if they dont want to clean up. pop in the hand if they hit so on but you wont see results immediatly. my daughter was a nightmare til she was around 5 then she started getting it i start this regimind when she was 1 and started smacking me in the face and laughing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN