Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Is there life out there???

Posted by on May. 25, 2013 at 4:30 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok, so I am a mom (and divorcee), nurse and go to school full time.  I also am currently dating a wonderful man who is great with my son.  However, having a child makes it hard to have a social life.  If I had to be honest, I would say that hanging out with the boyfriend has become my social life.  He doesnt have children of his own so there are nights when he goes out with the guys...yadda yadda.  The problem I seem to be having is when he cancels plans to hang out with the boys, I feel really low.  And this has happened several times.  When I say I feel low- I mean so hurt that it causes a fight.  And Im starting to wonder if I just need to meet other females with kids to hang out with on weekends, breakup with him and date someone with kids or if work, mommyhood and school is all there is??? I dont have family around so no sitters.  Also, the "friends" I did have  stopped being my friend when I got pregnant (only one made it through and is now my roommate!)  Advice?

by on May. 25, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Frannylove12
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Hmmm, i would try to get to the bottom of why he's canceling plans with me. Id all him to be honest and tell me if he feels uncomfortable being with me and My son. But furthermore, i do believe that you need friends with the same situation as you. I'm having the same problem not being able to go out ever, but not because I'm busy, because I can't afford it. I never get out, it would be nice to have a friend just come over and hang out sometimes. But I'm starting work next week so hopefully I'll have some extra money to get away. I need it
Frannylove12
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Hmmm, i would try to get to the bottom of why he's canceling plans with me. Id all him to be honest and tell me if he feels uncomfortable being with me and My son. But furthermore, i do believe that you need friends with the same situation as you. I'm having the same problem not being able to go out ever, but not because I'm busy, because I can't afford it. I never get out, it would be nice to have a friend just come over and hang out sometimes. But I'm starting work next week so hopefully I'll have some extra money to get away. I need it
sadmum84
by on May. 25, 2013 at 9:17 PM

hello i live in australia and im in the same boat, no family none of the friends i used to have, just alone and lonley, i have a partner but he works at night and sleeps all day so i only really see him asleep. if only i could go back in time and tell that teenage girl not to worry about the friends that in the future wouldnt give a dam about me i doubt i even cross their minds its makes me mad to think about all the times ive cried for people who dont care. i left my childrens father cause of domestic violence and i feel like ive been punished for it ever scine and its been 4yrs, my family look down on me because im a single mother now, like i should have stayed, like thhats how you are ment to be treated when some one owns you ...  it is very difficult to not have that on best friend you could always talk to about everything , now its just me and i feel like im going crazy living in a childs world.

avasmama1375
by on May. 26, 2013 at 1:14 AM
I am in the same situation exactly. How old are u? I live in central Cali do u live near me? I am going to school to be a nurse
sweeteysmc
by on May. 26, 2013 at 2:08 AM

Making friends is hard i wouldnt end the relationship unless it happens a majority of the time and dating a man with kids comes with a whole set of issues off its own. I met mom friends at school with my 7 yr old. You could try being cool with people at school or daycare, work just invite some out using the kids as excuse is great even if the playdate is really for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)