Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

8 yo stuck in the Terrible Twos

Posted by on May. 25, 2013 at 8:37 PM
  • 4 Replies
HELP!! I'm going crazy! My DD has reverted into a two yo! Throwing tantrums, screaming, ramming her head into the wall or floor. Timeouts don't work as discipline or punishment, she's back talking, being a little sassy-mouthed twit! I am at my wits end with this behavior any ideas on how to correct this behavior before it gets out of hand?
by on May. 25, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Have her write sentences like "I will listen to mom when she tells me to pick up clothing"  ""I will use library voice when inside"  "I will respect the adults in household':  etc.   Customize the sentence to whatever behavior you want her to correct.   Notice none of the examples are negative, they are all stating what we want the child to do.   For talking back or sassing, just dont acknowledge the behavior.  The preteens can be harder than toddler years due to their physical size and strength.

arielsw
by on May. 26, 2013 at 9:45 PM
My mom made me do this I promise she will not like it. Don't make it a short sentence either. My mom might have gone a little over board but I deffenatly didn't want to write them another 100, 200,500 times

Quoting frndlyfn:

Have her write sentences like "I will listen to mom when she tells me to pick up clothing"  ""I will use library voice when inside"  "I will respect the adults in household':  etc.   Customize the sentence to whatever behavior you want her to correct.   Notice none of the examples are negative, they are all stating what we want the child to do.   For talking back or sassing, just dont acknowledge the behavior.  The preteens can be harder than toddler years due to their physical size and strength.

HAHuskey
by Member on May. 28, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

My mom whooped me. lol

Quoting arielsw:

My mom made me do this I promise she will not like it. Don't make it a short sentence either. My mom might have gone a little over board but I deffenatly didn't want to write them another 100, 200,500 times

Quoting frndlyfn:

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on May. 28, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I agree with the pp, the sentences sounds like a good idea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)