Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

uncomfortable sleeping being pregnant

Posted by on May. 26, 2013 at 4:13 AM
  • 28 Replies
I'm 23 weeks and i literally toss n turn ALL night.. Nothing seems to be comfortable enough to get sleep. I feel like crying bc I'm sleepy n no matter which way i lay its uncomfortable. I tried putting pillows around me doesn't work. Idk what to do :'(
by on May. 26, 2013 at 4:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
daisybaby91
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 4:18 AM

I feel your pain! And I'm sorry to say it only gets worse :(

I get so freaking exhausted and I can't sleep for more than 6 hours, and its crappy sleep cause I wake up to toss and turn or pee, and have crazy dreams all night.

sometimes drinking warm tea helps me fall asleep, but then I have to wake up and pee even more :(

I have a memory foam pillow and sometimes if I put that in between my knees and another pillow under my belly and a body pillow behind my back, I can stay in the same position for a couple hours. Its a pain in the ass to get that many pillows all set up though!

frndlyfn
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2013 at 4:22 AM

Have you tried sleeping while semi reclined?  Is it the aches/pains that keep you up or something else?  Is there someone who could give you massages in various areas of body like arms, legs and back?

loveing2013
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 4:42 AM
Its like in my tummy area and my back. Like if the baby is laying a certain way. And she comfortable that way, and i turn the othr way, she will go back to the same position where ita uncomfortable for me again.. My SO had rubbed my lower back and stuff n it doesn't help :(its like i when have alot of pillows it semi helps.. Then when i turn over its uncomfortable. I've tried sleeping on my back n thats worse

Quoting frndlyfn:

Have you tried sleeping while semi reclined?  Is it the aches/pains that keep you up or something else?  Is there someone who could give you massages in various areas of body like arms, legs and back?

loveing2013
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 4:45 AM
Trust me i know!! I have tons of dreams almost everyday.. N most are scary.. I pee all night.. N me being uncomfortable with trying to sleep doesn't help. I also have a pillow.like that only.one bc i took it from my mom when i moved out.. I actually have that pillow behind me on mt back and i have other pillows i put inbetween my legs to help.. But sometimes thats not enough :(

Quoting daisybaby91:

I feel your pain! And I'm sorry to say it only gets worse :(

I get so freaking exhausted and I can't sleep for more than 6 hours, and its crappy sleep cause I wake up to toss and turn or pee, and have crazy dreams all night.

sometimes drinking warm tea helps me fall asleep, but then I have to wake up and pee even more :(

I have a memory foam pillow and sometimes if I put that in between my knees and another pillow under my belly and a body pillow behind my back, I can stay in the same position for a couple hours. Its a pain in the ass to get that many pillows all set up though!

Jujikins
by on May. 26, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Do you have a recliner? I had same issues from about that time. I had pillow forts surrounding me, didn't work. I was, AM, lucky if I can sleep for upwards of 2 hours at a time. I moved to the recliner and at least don't wake up in pain every 2 hours. Still wake up, but not in pain. I still sleep on my side, but I sink low enough in the chair to keep it from trying to sit up on me. I use a blanket tucked behind me so it's a little softer on my back and I can lean against it to be at a bit of an angle.

Believe me, I miss my bed, but I don't think I would have made it through the past 4 months if I hadn't started sleeping in the living room. It started out as a once in a while thing because I felt bad for tossing and turning all night, thought I was disturbing DH. After a while of noticing that I was having an easier time I just explained it to him what was going on and made the decision to flat out sleep in the chair from then out.

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2013 at 10:24 AM

When I was pregnant I bought the boppy mom pillow to sleep with, it was a lifesaver.

loveing2013
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Is that the really huge body pillow?

Quoting k9l1c5:

When I was pregnant I bought the boppy mom pillow to sleep with, it was a lifesaver.

loveing2013
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 3:37 PM
I don't have one.. Maybe ill think about getting one.. Now today I'm waking up from barely getting any sleep and now my back hurts :( what about those really big body pillows? For.pregnant women.. Do u know if they work?

Quoting Jujikins:

Do you have a recliner? I had same issues from about that time. I had pillow forts surrounding me, didn't work. I was, AM, lucky if I can sleep for upwards of 2 hours at a time. I moved to the recliner and at least don't wake up in pain every 2 hours. Still wake up, but not in pain. I still sleep on my side, but I sink low enough in the chair to keep it from trying to sit up on me. I use a blanket tucked behind me so it's a little softer on my back and I can lean against it to be at a bit of an angle.

Believe me, I miss my bed, but I don't think I would have made it through the past 4 months if I hadn't started sleeping in the living room. It started out as a once in a while thing because I felt bad for tossing and turning all night, thought I was disturbing DH. After a while of noticing that I was having an easier time I just explained it to him what was going on and made the decision to flat out sleep in the chair from then out.

XXAdoramydearXX
by on May. 26, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I ended up sleeping in a lazy boy recliner. That helped me.

loveing2013
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Yes another one of these ladies also recommend that.. Does that help better then a body pillow?

Quoting XXAdoramydearXX:

I ended up sleeping in a lazy boy recliner. That helped me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)