Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Any College Moms Out There?

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:22 PM
  • 40 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hello everyone!

My name is Rebeca and I am a working mom. Last week I was admitted into Millersville University  in Millersville, PA and I will be returning to complete my bachelors degree in History this fall. I really want to do this, but I am very scared. I am scared that I will be robbing my son of time spent with me and I am also scared of giving up later on. I only need 13 more classes, 39 credits,  to graduate, and by attending part time, it will take me two years finish.

I joined Cafe Moms in hopes to find other mothers that may be experiencing the same thing. I could really use the support. I must admit that my son inspires me to do this and despite my fears, I am very sure about wanting to do this.I hope to meet other moms who could also use and provide the support and encouragement fingers crossed

by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome Rebecca! My name is Khelsea. Do you live near Millersville? I live in York, PA not far from Millersville. I go to school part time to HACC, but do mostly online classes while I stay at home with my 9 month old daughter. I am taking my gym class in the fall but that is only one day a week in person, and in the evenings so my fiance/her dad will watch her. Do you have anyone to watch him while you go to school or will he be in daycare? And I'm not sure but maybe Millersville has a daycare there? A couple of the HACC campuses do. Try not to think of it so much as losing time with him. Getting your degree will benefit both of your futures :).

prettynproper
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this

just joined the group and i am. i'm currently pregnant; when the baby comes i'll have one more semester.

mamideethan
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello ladies! I am very excited for your reply.

k9l1c5-I live in Marietta, Lancaster County. Not far from York at all. I will be attending Millersville baucause I attended Millersville right after highschool and completed 3 years. I'm only 13 classes shy of graduating. So I am basically returning to finish my degree. I also work full-time as an administrative assistant. I will be posting some more a little later. I am at work right now.

prettynporper, when are you do? Is this your first? I took one class while I was pregnant and I remember how difficult it was, the driving from work to class and class to home. I was exhausted but I made it through it. Hang in there!

Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi there,
My name is Kimberly and I am a college mom, though I do all online classes. I will graduate in 3 weeks with a bachelors of science in legal studies, otherwise known as a pre-law degree. It is difficult but the time passes before you know it. While it has taken time away from my kids I also know that I am giving them a better life because of it and my hard work will pay off in the long run. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thatonemomof2
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi I'm Nicole:) I'm a working mom of two. I'm also in school full time. Its hard and your kids don't get much time with you as usual but this will also be benefiting for them as well. You are working to make a better life for your child and they can see how important school is. You can do it :)
avasmama1375
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this
My name is willow I work part time and in the fall will be going to school full time for nursing. I am also worried that I will be robbing my daughter of time with me but I have to do it to make a better life for us
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on May. 29, 2013 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi! I'm sure it will be a great experience.

I am currently taking law classes.
pokemongirl0191
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

i am going to school this fall for extctuve office asstent

mamideethan
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 10:40 PM

That's awesome Kimberly, congrats! Must be an amazing feeling knowing that you are so close to finishing. What scares me is that I will also be working full time and my time with my son will be so limited. But I want to do this like ripping off a band aid, quick and over with. Plus I will be finishing my degree in History which is a subject I love. I won't have the pressure of finishing a degree for employment purposes, thank God. I'm close to finishing getting my real estate license and that's all I need in field my of work (property management). Need less to say, I hope to work in the field of History education some day. 

My son has inspired me to return to school and I'm doing this for him as much as for myself;  mainly to set the example of finishing what we start, fulfilling dreams and the importance of education. 

Thanks for the encouraging words and congrats again! 

Quoting Mommy4-27-08:

Hi there,
My name is Kimberly and I am a college mom, though I do all online classes. I will graduate in 3 weeks with a bachelors of science in legal studies, otherwise known as a pre-law degree. It is difficult but the time passes before you know it. While it has taken time away from my kids I also know that I am giving them a better life because of it and my hard work will pay off in the long run. Good luck!

mamideethan
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Wow! That's awesome! How is it going as a law student and a mommy? 

Quoting MamaPeanut:

Hi! I'm sure it will be a great experience.

I am currently taking law classes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)