Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bedtime?

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:36 PM
  • 9 Replies

Mobile Photo

My 20month old used to go to bed at around 8:30 or 9ish. But out of nowhere he is so hard to get to sleep. He has stayed up the past few nights until almost 12 no matter what I do to get him to sleep. Any helpful tips are so welcome please :) I really need to get this under control.
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
frndlyfn
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Has he hit any new milestones or anything else change in his life?  I would be consistent and keep putting him to bed at same time.  Remind him he needs to stay in bed and can quietly play until he falls asleep.  DD did this around his age when her major teeth were coming in.

pancake.
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Just show him who's boss and be like go to bed kid or I'll rip up your books.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShireeCS
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Does he still take a nap during the day maybe cut it short or something to see I that's causing the problem. If he isn't napping maybe try a nap sometimes at that age I dd was overtired she wouldn't go to sleep.
Missy_diane408
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 9:12 PM
I think thy may be what's happening because all he does lately is chew on everything. And he already had his molars and very front teeth come in so maybe that's it.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Has he hit any new milestones or anything else change in his life?  I would be consistent and keep putting him to bed at same time.  Remind him he needs to stay in bed and can quietly play until he falls asleep.  DD did this around his age when her major teeth were coming in.

Missy_diane408
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Haha he does love his books

Quoting pancake.:

Just show him who's boss and be like go to bed kid or I'll rip up your books.

Missy_diane408
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 9:14 PM
He naps for about an hour from 10:30-11:30ish most days but somedays lately no naps

Quoting ShireeCS:

Does he still take a nap during the day maybe cut it short or something to see I that's causing the problem. If he isn't napping maybe try a nap sometimes at that age I dd was overtired she wouldn't go to sleep.

lenoxclan
by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:43 PM

benadryl...works wonders...

Missy_diane408
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 9:47 PM

haha yeah i think it would.  but he has exsema so i try and keep the benadryl for those nights, i know it sounds silly but im always afraid that if he gets it too much it wont help him anymore.

Quoting lenoxclan:

benadryl...works wonders...

Cuddlyknuckle
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:12 PM

I started my 36 month old on a schedule(didn't need one before when I worked because we were getting home late and randomly)... I put him in bed at 9:30 tell him good night, hugs and kisses. Then if he keeps getting up, I pick him up and put him back in bed without saying anything. They'll get bored and go to sleep.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)