Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you get your name?

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:20 PM
  • 88 Replies

Do you know why your mother named you _____(insert your name)

Was it the name she planned all along?

My father actually picked my name.

My mother wanted to name me Mandy but dad was a Mork and Mindy fan sooo yes, I got stuck with Mindy.

He also picked my sisters name(thank god)Mom wanted to name her Tawanna(ta wanna)and dad put his foot down there..lol He named her Misty.

Soo, what about you?

save the date

by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Denisia1989
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:28 PM

My dad actually picked my name, which is Denisia Danielle.  I guess he always wanted a daughter named Denisia Danielle.

CafeMom Tickers
CaiZobug
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Mom picked my name. It was after a person on a soap opera. 

Bookoholic
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:33 PM
My parents had my name picked out which was suppose to be Merissa but instead picked Nicole.
pancake.
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:33 PM
My mom ways loved bow exotic the name lafawnduh sounded, so that's my name. I get compliments on it all the time!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liveforever
My sister has a Russian name. My mom wanted to name me Katie, but that was huge in the 80s and she didnt want me to have a super common name. Plus my dad wanted my name to be Russian too. They settled on Katrina and I go by Katie.
alkakfnxcpoem

My mom picked my name. Kara is my grandmother's maiden name...and it just happens to work well as a first name too :)

Chris030406
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:35 PM

I'm named after my grandmother. 

erin708
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:35 PM
I was supposed to be stephanie. Last minute they decided on erin. My dads irish. I like my name. Not too common.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:36 PM

My mom had no idea what she wanted to name me.  At the hospital in labor, she saw a mom call out to her blonde little girl by the name of Kendall.  She always imagined her little girl to be blonde too and liked the sound of it, so she named me that.  I'm not sure if the spelling was the same since she only heard it out loud and not seen it. 

AJ-47
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:46 PM
I don't know why they named me what they did..but I hate it. The name doesn't fit me, plus they spelled it differently and everyone screws it up unless I spell it out. They should have named me the first choice - Kaitlyn. A whole lot better than what they named me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)