Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Zumba anyone?

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:44 AM
  • 12 Replies
Have any of you tried it? Do you take a class in a gym for it or do you do it at home with dvd? Is it worth it? Is the price right?
The reason I'm asking is because I hate working out unless I'm having fun and Zumba looks like it's a blast but we're on a very tight budget right now and I wanted to know what other moms thought of it before I started saving up the money to get it.
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
To_the_moon
by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:13 AM

BUMP!

k9l1c5
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:39 PM

We have Zumba for the Wii... I've never played it, I want to but everyone is always home and I don't want them to make fun of me lol. My sister has done it though and she likes it.

Truthful_Mommy
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:49 PM

I do it through YouTube. I can do it at home whenever I have free time, and it's completely free. You can do it alone, or have some friends over. It's A LOT of fun and a GREAT workout!

To_the_moon
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Truthful_Mommy:

I do it through YouTube. I can do it at home whenever I have free time, and it's completely free. You can do it alone, or have some friends over. It's A LOT of fun and a GREAT workout!

Oh my gosh I never thought of youtube! Lol thank you!
alecolby
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:54 PM
I have it on dvd and i love it! I'm also going to start going to a class next week and I'm so excited! I'm new in town so it'll give me a chance to meet people :) i say go for it! It's so much fun!
Truthful_Mommy
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:55 PM

You're welcome. I had never done it either, and decided to see if it was online, because I am on a really tight budget as well. So, after I put my girls to bed I clear a space in the living room and just follow along. I'd start with beginners definitely though. I made the mistake of just picking a random one, and OMG! It was a REAL workout! And the tummy toning exercises at the end of the video does wonders! I've only been doing it for a week, and my tummy is a lot more toned that before I started. But, I also do it for an hour instead of just 10-20 minutes.

Quoting To_the_moon:

Quoting Truthful_Mommy:

Oh my gosh I never thought of youtube! Lol thank you!

DIYteacher5658
by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:04 PM
I have been teaching Zumba for three years, lost 125 doing it too. I love it. It's the one group fitness class that does not feel like a workout while I'm doing it and I never find myself watching the clock. Class ends and everyone is always asking for more. If you can look I to joining a live class, there is definitely a different atmosphere takin a class verse watching a video. Good luck!!
To_the_moon
by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Quoting DIYteacher5658:

I have been teaching Zumba for three years, lost 125 doing it too. I love it. It's the one group fitness class that does not feel like a workout while I'm doing it and I never find myself watching the clock. Class ends and everyone is always asking for more. If you can look I to joining a live class, there is definitely a different atmosphere takin a class verse watching a video. Good luck!!

Would I have to pay every time I take the class or would it be a one time thing? I'm on a very tight budget as I said. If I only have to pay one time and take the class of 6 months or something like that I'd be happy to do it in a class setting but otherwise youtube it is :/
DIYteacher5658
by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Every instructor is different. Personal I offer several methods such as a monthly unlimited membership in which my students can come to as many classes as they want during the month. I also do a punch card for 20 classes that they use at their conveinance. Most instructors have a one time rate and then if you buy in bulk it gets much cheaper. Good luck!
To_the_moon
by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting DIYteacher5658:

Every instructor is different. Personal I offer several methods such as a monthly unlimited membership in which my students can come to as many classes as they want during the month. I also do a punch card for 20 classes that they use at their conveinance. Most instructors have a one time rate and then if you buy in bulk it gets much cheaper. Good luck!

Hmm.. That's something to look into :) thanks!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)