Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Post pregnancy periods

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 2:20 PM
  • 7 Replies
I'm 5mpp I had my 1st period at 2mpp and had it same time for three months. I have an app that calculates the dates and well I was suppose to start three days ago and I haven't started. I've had cramping on and off not bad for 2days but I'm really worried that I haven't started for a reason.
I love being a mom to my dd but I don't think I can do it again so soon. We have been careful to protect ourselves so at first I didn't think it could happen. But these 3 days feel long. I took a test yesterday and it came out negative so I was just wondering if it was normal to be reg a few months then not have one if its possible that they go back to the way it was PRE pregnancy. Which mine were super irregular.
I'm just worried which is making me stress and I feel this can be a reason to why I haven't started and I was stressing about a week prior to me suppose to start/
I need some kind of insight. Just to ease my thoughts
by on May. 31, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
k9l1c5
by on May. 31, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Are you breastfeeding? I'm not sure for how long, but it is normal for your period to be irregular after childbirth.

redrose_12
by on May. 31, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Yes I'm breast feeding. So I was sad when I got my period because lots of ladies said they didn't get their period for months while breastfeeding. But yes I am I just started slowing down a bit due to LO now eating solids during the day but I doubt that has anything to do with not starting.
Not starting is making me nervous though.
k9l1c5
by on May. 31, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Oh ok, yeah I have heard that too about BFing moms. But there were a few moms in my ddg that got theirs back right away and were also BFing, so I guess it doesn't work for everyone :/.
I am on the implanon so my situation is a little different. But after baby I had one period and then got the implanon in and have only had one other one since but am not pregnant... but I really think that is from the bc.

Quoting redrose_12:

Yes I'm breast feeding. So I was sad when I got my period because lots of ladies said they didn't get their period for months while breastfeeding. But yes I am I just started slowing down a bit due to LO now eating solids during the day but I doubt that has anything to do with not starting.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
I am a FF, pro BF, cosleeping/bedsharing, babywearing & cloth diapering type of momma!

TempestRayne
by on May. 31, 2013 at 3:29 PM
It is normal.
redrose_12
by on May. 31, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Yeah I'm not on any bc but I just hope that I'm not and that test was 100perceby correct

Quoting k9l1c5:

Oh ok, yeah I have heard that too about BFing moms. But there were a few moms in my ddg that got theirs back right away and were also BFing, so I guess it doesn't work for everyone :/.
I am on the implanon so my situation is a little different. But after baby I had one period and then got the implanon in and have only had one other one since but am not pregnant... but I really think that is from the bc.

Quoting redrose_12:

redrose_12
by on May. 31, 2013 at 4:06 PM
I hope so I'm nervous and these cramps are what I felt when I was pregnant with my dd

Quoting TempestRayne:

It is normal.
Courtney610
by Courtney on May. 31, 2013 at 4:45 PM
It can take a while for them to regulate.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)