Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

June 7th, 2013 is coming up so fast.

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 5:58 PM
  • 6 Replies

Last year, my now 3 year old was walking with a limp. I sat down and had him walk toward me. I noticed the bow in his legs. I made my DH watch, and he agreed. His left leg was a little more bowed than his right. We Doctor Google'd it, and said that we shouldn't start worrying until he was 3 years old. I told my DH "Fat Chance in Hell." so the following Monday(we noticed the limp on a Saturday), we took him to our Pediatrician.. we saw the P.A. She looked over his legs and said yes they are bowed and that she would set up an appointment with the Children's Hospital.

The appointment for the Children's Hospital was on October 30th, but due to some things coming up... my sons and I were out of state. We called and rescheduled. They couldn't get us in until February 18th. My heart broke knowing my son had to deal with his leg that time. Finally the New Year arrived and February wasn't coming fast enough. My big guy started limping... then crawling. I knew something was wrong. His right leg straightened out but his left still bowed, he complained his right leg hurt. So, I took him to the Pediatrician this time we saw the normal doc, he told me it was probably just a sprain. I wasn't happy when he said that but he said that I'm just a worried mama.

We finally made it to the appointment and they did an x-ray. They told us they had found 2 things with the help of the x-ray. His leg is bowed due to a spur on his Tibia near his knee. The second is he has perthes disease in his left hip. His leg requires surgery... while his hip they will keep an eye on.

My whole point of this post is... My son is undergoing his second surgery since he has been born. He goes in on June 7th for them to cut and shave down the spur then reset the bone. He will be in a cast for 6 weeks. My heart breaks thinking my son has to go through his second surgery and just wish all of this would go away. (His first surgery was in November of 2011, he had an undescended testicle... so they went in and pulled it down).

by on May. 31, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Courtney610
by Courtney on May. 31, 2013 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Poor little guy! I hope everything goes well!
Cuddlyknuckle
by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Thank you. I'm nervous.

StarryRain
by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this
He will be fine, promise. Kids are incredibly resilient. Hugs!
kattcooper
by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

:( Im sorry you have to go through that. Must be hard! Keep strong, He will be okay! :)

Cuddlyknuckle
by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Thank you ladies. The closer it comes the harder it is for me to hold back the tears. I don't want my son to go through this.. I don't want anyones child to have surgery and so young. 

k9l1c5
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:10 PM

I'm sorry you have to go through all of these surgeries, but hopefully this will be his last one and he has a quick recovery. Please keep us posted with how he's doing afterwards!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)