Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disposables vs. Cloth with sensitive skin

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:21 PM
  • 21 Replies

Does anyone know which is better for sensitive skin? I've heard it both ways and can't decide whats best for my kids. I like the money-saving and green aspect of cloth but I don't want to irritate my kids skin any more than they tend to get with disposables. Thx!

by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
k9l1c5
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Cloth diapers are very very good for sensitive skin! I use mostly cloth, once in a while disposables and when dd is in her cloth she very rarely has a diaper rash at all. When she is in the disposables she constantly needs diaper cream with every change.

Aujonfire
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Um, wow. You pretty much summed up both of my kids' butts. Now to just narrow down which kind will work best for us. Thanks!

Quoting k9l1c5:

Cloth diapers are very very good for sensitive skin! I use mostly cloth, once in a while disposables and when dd is in her cloth she very rarely has a diaper rash at all. When she is in the disposables she constantly needs diaper cream with every change.

k9l1c5
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Lol you're welcome! When I first started out I bought a few of each brand that I wanted to try and then when I decided which ones I liked best I bought more of them. I've mostly stuck with pockets, tried a couple Ai2s but the pockets seem to work best for us. I want to try prefolds and AIOs too but am out of diaper money for the moment. But it is suggested that you try all of the different kinds too (just buy a couple of each).

Quoting Aujonfire:

Um, wow. You pretty much summed up both of my kids' butts. Now to just narrow down which kind will work best for us. Thanks!

Quoting k9l1c5:

k9l1c5
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Oh and a couple of my favorite brands are rumparooz and charlie banana :).
k9l1c5
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Oh and I don't know how soon you are planning to do this but if you use diaper creams like balmex, desitin etc you will need to use a liner with the cloth. Those can ruin your diapers. They make cloth friendly diaper creams... can't think of any right now but I can get a list to you if you need/want it.
ambermarie2006
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:40 PM
My kids have extreme eczema so they could only use cloth. All disposables made them have rashes terribly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bondi41
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 6:48 AM
We use cloth and very occasionally disposables and when we use disposables Isaac gets terrible nappy rash, we love our cloth nappies. We use bambino mio 2 piece sets. They never leak either like disposables and dont smell anywhere near as much either.
Aujonfire
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I am leaning toward pocket diapers at the moment but I still have a lot of researching to do. Everything just seems so expensive! I know it pays for itself but it seems crazy to spend $30 on a wetbag. :P

Mommy2CXh
by Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 10:55 AM
See if you have a cloth diaper store in your area. Some have packages where you can rent or buy to try out different kinds.

ETA we use cloth at home but at daycare he uses either the honest brand diapers or seventh generation
k9l1c5
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Oh yeah I wouldn't spend that on a wetbag either! Have you looked on diapers.com? That's where I've gotten a lot of my stash. And rumparooz website has a sale/clearance section, I got a pail liner on there that was discontinued for $5 before! Blueberry diapers usually has a clearance sale once in awhile too.

Quoting Aujonfire:

I am leaning toward pocket diapers at the moment but I still have a lot of researching to do. Everything just seems so expensive! I know it pays for itself but it seems crazy to spend $30 on a wetbag. :P

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
I am a FF, pro BF, cosleeping/bedsharing, babywearing & cloth diapering type of momma!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)