Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The truth to your kids

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:39 AM
  • 13 Replies

Do you tell your children the truth about Santa Clause, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy things like that?  If you have told you child/children the truth at what age did you tell them?  Ds is 8 we just told him, he put the pieces to the puzzle together and figured something wasn't right lol.  We went ahead and told him the truth.  He was very thankful and appreciative that all the gifts during Christmas, the money under the pillow was all us. DD is 4 months so we get to lie all over again for a few years :)  happy sunday ladies

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TempestRayne
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:52 AM
When they ask.
k9l1c5
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:58 AM

No, she is only 10 months so hopefully has awhile before she has any suspicions about those.

erin708
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Only one in the family that knows is my 12 yr old nephew. His bro who just turned 9 still believes. No reason to take that away unless they ask. My kids are 7 and 3 and I don't know when we will say anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:12 PM

DS is 4 and we do tell him about santa and the tooth fairy and all that.

MomRocs1102
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:15 PM

I wasn't aware that in the second and first grade a lot of kid knew the truth.  Kids kept telling ds and he started thinking and came to us about it so we went on and told him.  He was very mature about it.  He came to us like i have a question be honest and we were.  I agree i wouldn't have said anything if he didn't ask.

Quoting TempestRayne:

When they ask.

jcrenshawswifey
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:25 PM
We don't do the Santa, Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy thing with the girls. So they will always know the truth.
.Brighter.Days.
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:00 PM
My daughter is 8 and has asked a few times but I try to keep the magic alive for her. I think she is skeptical because of kids at school, not because she has formed her own opinion.
pancake.
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:08 PM
I want to keep the magic of it as long as I can. They aren't innocent for long, and I want them to be sweet, innocent and believe the magic as long as they can<3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on Jun. 10, 2013 at 7:19 AM
I'll tell then when they ask. My oldest is 9. I think he may be suspicious, but he hasn't mentioned anything.

I want the magic to live on as long as possible!
RheaF
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 8:28 AM

When they ask or figure it out. We do theach what we believe is the real meaning behind Christmas and Easter(Christ). However, we also see no harm in keeping the tradition alive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)