Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Am I suppose to buy him something?

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:37 PM
  • 25 Replies

Next week is mine and my husbands 1 year wedding anniversary. Am I suppose to get him something? I ask because we have never been that type of couple that gives gifts for anniversaries when we was dating. I don't want to ask him because I will feel awkward asking. What do you ladies think?

by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs-Somerhalder
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:50 PM
2 moms liked this
I think you should ask, hey are we doing gifts for our anniversary
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
A card At least
cornillia2013
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:55 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd just surprise him w a gift. Now if ur not comfy doing that,take him out to dinner and thats the surprise.
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Just ask. You're married nothing to feel awkward about.
littlemoments99
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

You could do a homemade gift. I like to write my husband letters sometimes, or once I made him a book of things I love about him. I just used construction paper and put each page in a protective sleeve and then into a binder. Nothing fancy. I also bought a small container and put slips of paper in it with all kinds of different things to do together. Like, plan a date night somewhere, watch a movie, go on a bike ride, play a card game, etc. We pick out of that container when we are bored and want to do something together. 

Or just have a night together. Cuddle on the couch, make dinner together, etc.  

Congrats on your anniversary!

Sammi20
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I would get him something he likes. A video game or sexual favor LOL It's kind of like a go out for dinner type deal just spend time together and celebrate your love.

ShireeCS
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Make him his favorite dinner or plan something he enjoys you dont necessarily have to buy him something.

kara.haughton
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I get my hubby gifts for our anniversary.. I definitely think a wedding anniversary is special and warrants a gift. But if you aren't sure, just ask. 

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh hun! My anniversary is coming up also. One year on July 4th. So far I got a sexy little black dress and everything to go with it. Yes I am also getting him a gift, but I am not sure what I am getting him just yet. I was hoping to get him a new game. but I am not sure if I will have the money to do that. 

rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this
We don't do gifts for anniversaries. Instead we spend the money to go spend the day together. Last year we went to the dallas world aquarium and dinner and the next day we went to pottery painting then a movie. We only buy each other presents for our birthdays. Even Christmas we go in together to buy a bigger gift to share.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN