Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

can a 4month old...?

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 4:50 PM
  • 12 Replies
Can a 4month old baby crawl before they can sit up on their own????

My 4month old is almost crawling but no where near being able to sit up on her own..

Opinions please :)
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
youllneverknow
by New Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 4:53 PM
I have no idea I don't even remember when my son started crawling only walking. But he starting rolling really early (2 weeks.. No lie no one believes me) sat up around 4 months so it wasn't before that.
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Idk... I kinda don't think so, possibly army crawling before sitting up but I wouldn't think they would be able to full on hands and knees crawl before sitting on their own.

lilempire219
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:11 PM
All she actrually needs to do is move her hands with her legs an shed be crawling. But again shes no where to be sitting up in her own.

Quoting k9l1c5:

Idk... I kinda don't think so, possibly army crawling before sitting up but I wouldn't think they would be able to full on hands and knees crawl before sitting on their own.

Newmommy312
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:58 PM
my first child is 3 months so idk but what I have learned is that everyones child does things different my friends son never crawled he just started walking.
CrossStitchMum
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:04 PM

yeah, my baby girl learnt to crawl way before she learnt to sit up by herself

lilempire219
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:07 PM
I had to ask because my firend said itll be months before she will crawl because she is not sitting up yet.
lilmama8408
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this
My son was crawling before he could sit by himself. He was over 10lbs at birth and 20lbs by 4 months... he was so tall and heavy he had a hard time balancing to sit on his own. He started crawling around 6 months and sitting at 8months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilypad12788
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:41 PM
It's completely possible! Congrats, you will soon be running yourself ragged chasing your baby :)
lilypad12788
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I believe you! My DD rolled over at 10 days old.

Quoting youllneverknow:

I have no idea I don't even remember when my son started crawling only walking. But he starting rolling really early (2 weeks.. No lie no one believes me) sat up around 4 months so it wasn't before that.

linds0712
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:48 PM
My son was crawling at 4 months but didn't really sit up fully by himself til about 5ish months!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)