Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy while using condoms AND breastfeeding

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:49 PM
  • 9 Replies

Just curious if you are anyone you know fell pregnant while breastfeeding and using condoms? My baby is 6 mo old, bf and we use condoms EVER time. Been feeling weird like when i am pregnant and gonna go buy a pregnancy test later. Just wondering if its even possible?

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
k9l1c5
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:09 PM

It's probably still possible if there was something wrong with the condom... but also probably pretty rare.

k9l1c5
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:10 PM

And bfing doesn't ALWAYS stop ovulation. There are lots of moms from my due date group that were BF and got their periods back right away unfortunately. Do you know if you have been ovulating?

momma2b2008
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Any time you have sex there is ALWAYS a chance you can get pregnant, unless you have no uterus.
Indy3000
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:15 PM

no period yet... ya ive heard lots get preggo with just bf'ing and no b/c

Quoting k9l1c5:

And bfing doesn't ALWAYS stop ovulation. There are lots of moms from my due date group that were BF and got their periods back right away unfortunately. Do you know if you have been ovulating?

Indy3000
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:25 PM

BUMP!

5PointedHuman
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:44 PM

I'd buy a 3 pack and test every 3 days with first morning urine if you're worried

lenoxclan
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:22 PM

If you have been having periods since having the baby, then bfing isn't suppressing your ovulation.

If you have not had any periods, breastfeeding still does not guarantee that you are not ovulating or going to ovulate.

Any change in breastfeeding(like breastfeeding less frequently)can cause you to start ovulating.

Please do not use breastfeeding as a form of BC, period.

Condoms can break(and/or have leaks). If you have had a oops with one, you could be preggers.

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Sorry wish I could help. Didn't have intercourse till after 6 weeks and I was done bfing by then bc my daughter wasn't getting enough.
brittany208
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:07 PM

its possible, but if you used a condom,its not likely.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)