Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Double Strollers

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:53 PM
  • 10 Replies
I have a 15 month old and a baby due in September. I am looking at double strollers and they all seem so big and awkward. Which, if any, double stroller do you use? Pros and cons?
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BookGirl419
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I would go with the back to back ones, not the side by side ones, the side by side you are going to have a hard time getting around in stores. I had one of the back to back ones, I can't remember which one (we got it from target) it's been five years, it is big but it was pretty easy to get around with.

lilmama8408
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:01 PM

we have a back to back one. The front you can attach a carseat or buckle in baby. in the back the child can sit/stand and has a buckle. it has a basket under it and one umbrella thingy. The side by side are harder with doors stores ect. this one is longer but i can use it at the mall and what not. It folds up pretty small and its fits in my tiny truck with extra room for stuff. I dont use it often but it does come in handy

kcm710
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I have he graco ready2grow double stroller. I absolutely love it!! I would recommend it to anyone. My kids are 16 months apart so it works out well. I really like the big storage compartment underneath. I don't think it's bulky for being a double stroller. Here's the link: http://www.toysrus.com/buy/preemie-shop/preemie-strollers-travel-systems/graco-ready2grow-lx-stand-ride-stroller-odyssey-1804098-12319184

CmC1307
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:29 PM

great question, i was just thinking the same thing. My little one will be 22 months when baby number 2 is born and i want to be able to use the chicco carseat we have and pop that in the double stroller too

CafeMom Tickers
Megan11587
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Yeah, I'm a little worried I may need to get a new infant car seat for it to work.  I don't know if they universally work in all strollers, you know?

Quoting CmC1307:

great question, i was just thinking the same thing. My little one will be 22 months when baby number 2 is born and i want to be able to use the chicco carseat we have and pop that in the double stroller too

lilblu399
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:39 PM
I used baby trends sit and stand stroller. It was back to back but it handled well, I got the one with the back bench seat since my son was 3 when I had my youngest but there are ones that use a regular seat then turn into a bench seat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockinmomto2
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I like the Baby Trend Sit-N-Stand LX tandem double stroller. The handlebars were high enough so DH (6' tall) didn't have to hunch over, and once the older one got bigger, the rear seat could be removed to form a bench and platform for the older one to stand of if/when he/she got tired of walking. It's around $150-$180 at Target.

gigis1
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I got a back to back stroller. The car seat is graco. Not sure about the stroller but it'll say fits most or only specific brand car seats. I hardly used mine so it was a waste for me. Sigh. Oh well! I'd give you mine if you lived near lol. Its bluish. I had a boy and girl. Dd is the older one
rockinmomto2
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

The Baby Trend comes with a universal hook thing for all car seats to latch on to.

Quoting Megan11587:

Yeah, I'm a little worried I may need to get a new infant car seat for it to work.  I don't know if they universally work in all strollers, you know?

Quoting CmC1307:

erin708
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:34 PM
I had the sit and stand deluxe. It was a double stroller but the back seat removed and became a sit and stand. That one will grow with u.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)