Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Need help with wedding plans!!

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:24 PM
  • 19 Replies

So my middle son has autism and hes doing very well but his classes are very expensive. I cannot justify spending a few grand on one day when that money can go a long way for his programs. I was thinking of having an intimate beach ceremony and then everyone back to our house for a bbq party/reception. We would have all the classic bbq food, and have lights and a tent out in the backyard. Basically like a relaxed party. ..does anyone have any ideas or pics thst i can do? My DF wants a big wedding so i have to presade him

or  i was thinkin of flying to vegas getting married then coming back home for an open house/reception for everyone else..he might go for tht bc alot of his family lives in vegas ..but i feel we would still be spending good money going to vegas as well so it kinda defeats the purpose idk, i still want a special day without the $$$$$$ involded... Thanks!!!

p.s my 3rd idea was that were closing on our new house in a couple of weeks, i thought we could invite everyone over to our place to host our first xmas party at the new house and i thought we could sneak surprise thrm with a wedding! Our new place has a beautiful fireplace that we could get married in front of and that way all our family would be there and theyd be dressed up and wed already have food and drinks there

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Ooh I like your 3rd idea. That sounds fun and romantic, infront of the fire! I would just hope everyone you invited would be able to come since they don't know it is a wedding. But I like small ceremonies too, I hate the thought of spending all that money on one day even though it is an important day. You could also possibly have a backyard wedding? Just have both the ceremony and reception there. That's something I have thought about doing. And have also thought about going to the courthouse and getting married and then having a party/reception in our backyard afterwards.

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:38 PM
I so agree with the 3rd idea!

Quoting k9l1c5:

Ooh I like your 3rd idea. That sounds fun and romantic, infront of the fire! I would just hope everyone you invited would be able to come since they don't know it is a wedding. But I like small ceremonies too, I hate the thought of spending all that money on one day even though it is an important day. You could also possibly have a backyard wedding? Just have both the ceremony and reception there. That's something I have thought about doing. And have also thought about going to the courthouse and getting married and then having a party/reception in our backyard afterwards.

mama2b100808

Quoting k9l1c5:

mama2b100808

Quoting k9l1c5:

mama2b100808

Quoting k9l1c5:

mama2b100808

Quoting k9l1c5:

Pam_8787
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:41 PM
I like the 3rd idea. But instead of surprising them why don't you tell them that it's a Christmas themed recpetion for your wedding. Congrats on your engagment. I get married in 19 days
BlessedAgain3
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Bump

BlessedAgain3
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Bump

xomrs.chase
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:36 PM
The beach would have better pix imo.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)