Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Eww why would you put that in there!?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:36 PM
  • 22 Replies

I dont get why people put fruit and nuts in a chicken salad! Why oh why? That ruins it! Random I know but my shower is this Saturday and we are doing a craving station, I crave chicken salad on croissants alot so my sil is making it. Her and my mom both are trying to tell me to put nuts and fruit in it, I'm like gross no. I know some like it like that but not this chick.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pennerb924
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:39 PM

OMG I KNOW! Apples, Grapes and walnuts? EWW!

busymom64064
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:49 PM

That is an awesome idea for a shower. Lol your mom and whoemever is telling you to put that stuff should sit back and let you have it the way you want it :-) After all, this shower is about you and baby :-)

Anyway, I love fruit and nuts on my salad. That is what I had for lunch today. Chef salaf with a nut/raisin mix in it. Soooo yummy.

brittany208
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:52 PM

lol. sounds yummy to me. why dont them just set aside a little for you before they stir in the things you dont like?

CMac26
by Christy on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:11 PM
My sil says she promises no fruit or nuts and no relish in the tuna sandwiches either. They just think I'm weird for it, they are like what about some cranberries you like cranberries. Yes I like cranberries but not in my chicken salad lol. I'm hoping they respect my wishes. I know some people like it in theirs,I just feel like it ruins it.

Quoting busymom64064:

That is an awesome idea for a shower. Lol your mom and whoemever is telling you to put that stuff should sit back and let you have it the way you want it :-) After all, this shower is about you and baby :-)

Anyway, I love fruit and nuts on my salad. That is what I had for lunch today. Chef salaf with a nut/raisin mix in it. Soooo yummy.

Pam_8787
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Lol. I had to get use to fruit in my salad as well. It's okay but I prefer it without
Mommy_Jenx3
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Lol...funny, dh and I were just talking about this the other day as we saw a Wendy's commercial with that. Dh said he sees a lot of younger people around here eating, so maybe it's the new age thing for younger people? Wtf, I am only 30 and he is 32. I dunno. Still sounds awful to me.

pancake.
by In LaFawnduh on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Ain't nobody got time for that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wendycares
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:25 PM

I never did understand why people do it. But i'm sure there are things I like to eat that others would find discusting as well. Everybody or maybe most people i'm sure eats something that most people would find weird or nasty. Just saying.

WendyWeather

kstorm234
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:29 PM
And now that I read this I'd kill for some chicken salad, without all that gross stuff!
wonderstruck11
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Ew, LI don't like anything in my chicken salad either. Especially relish. Gross!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)