Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What's a good gift?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:54 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this
There's a family whom I'm friends with on fb who I dont know personally but are friends of a friend. Awhile ago I posted this thing about "paying it forward" or something like that where the first 5 people to comment would get a small gift of some type from me. (Could be handmade or a nice gesture, not necessarily material). And in turn they had to repost to their wall and do the same for the first 5 who comment, and so on. Well the dad commented on my post but now I'm having trouble thinking of something to give them. (Due to my recent loss of being able to think clearly, forgetting where I set..everything, losing my place in mid thought, sentence and action....but im blaming that on the baby ;) Anyways they're such good loving parents who have over time have touched me by sharing little stories about their kids, inspired me, and kind of been good parenting role models for me. I'd like to do or give something nice that they will all enjoy, any thoughts? (Btw, they're not local to me and I I think their kids are like 8 & 3) TIA Sorry if my explanation is a liitle long lol
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:18 AM
1 mom liked this

hmm maybe an inexpensive movie and bag of popcorn for a family movie night?  25 dollar gift card from walmart or target?

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:46 AM

I would also go with this idea. They do have some good family movies out. :) 

Quoting frndlyfn:

hmm maybe an inexpensive movie and bag of popcorn for a family movie night?  25 dollar gift card from walmart or target?

Courtney610
by Courtney on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:02 AM
I like the movie and popcorn idea.
AMRios
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Make them something to show them how much you appreciate them sharing their parenting advice and letting them know you would like to be a great parent just like they are... If you are on their Facebook you could pull pictures and make them a photo album or something... Put little sayings/poems in there about great moms and dads... For the last page write them a heart felt letter about how good of a job they are doing in life... It is always nice for people to let you know you are doing okay in this crazy parenting world!

Corinnesingh
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:14 AM

I like the movie popcorn idea, that's really cute

shastadaisy87
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:48 AM
A movie is a great idea, thanks gals!
esox
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 5:27 AM

Picaboo always has amazing deals going on. Last week was 65% off any photo book. And most often there is a groupon. I just scored a $70 picaboo card for $20 and then received bogo on calendars I am making for my family for christmas! 

Quoting AMRios:

Make them something to show them how much you appreciate them sharing their parenting advice and letting them know you would like to be a great parent just like they are... If you are on their Facebook you could pull pictures and make them a photo album or something... Put little sayings/poems in there about great moms and dads... For the last page write them a heart felt letter about how good of a job they are doing in life... It is always nice for people to let you know you are doing okay in this crazy parenting world!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)