Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Why is it hard to find friends when you have children?

Posted by   + Show Post

I just need advice on this. I been feeling down lately like it seems like no one wants to talk to me at all. Why do I feel like that?

by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Replies (21-28):
rozenshyao
by Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:56 PM
It's so frustrating! Its a lot of gas, time, and money!
Quoting mp0264:

I am going through the SAME thing. We have to drive from South Austin to Leander. I love my friends with babies, but I am always thinking, "Why can't they do the same for me?" lol

i feel exactly the same way. All my friends who are moms themselves lives furthur away and they don't come see me. I always have to take the time to see them when hubby and I go to Austin from Houston every month or so. It would be nice if they would take the time to visit us as we do with them (sorry ranting). There are no playgroups that i could get into that are free. most have a fee, and I refuse to pay to make friends. and some are 'closed' playgroup which i don't understand why...so annoying. 

Another friend of mine, who is a stepmother actually referred me to cafe mom. Its nice to be able to connect with other moms online who knows what I'm going through. Being on Cafemom helps but it would be lovely to meet people in person too. 

CafeMom Tickers
illinoismommy83
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Make mommy friends. It is a lot easier to do stuff with mommy friends since they have to bring their kids along for social visits as well.

Join some local mommy groups?

NinanMe013
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:49 PM

well sometimes when you a parent you cant hardly do the things you would normally do without kids...some people wouldnt understand that

tifftaff04
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:07 PM

I know exactly how you feel.  I am 26 with a three year old and when I graduated everyone that I knew went off to college.  I am a shy person so for me to make friends is a harder than others.  I have gotten to know some friends of my fiance (their wives/girlfriends) and also at my job I have made some friends.  They do have kids so it has made it a little easier, but websites like this make it easier to get to know others.  Have you thought about enrolling your kids in dance, extra-curricular activites with other children, if they are old enough?  This way you can talk to other parents and possibly make some friends?  It will all work out!!

Simple-Beauty
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:07 PM
I've never had a problem making friends, but I'm also not afraid the be the first to say "Hi, I'm Shannon..."

I meet most of my friends through DDs school and activities.
SadeAyosmom
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 10:14 PM

you gotta get out there and make friends.

go the library talk to other mothers there or the park.

make friends with your kids friends :)

SadeAyosmom
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Hi Shannon I'm Eliza.

((see we just did it. now you get out there!))

Quoting Simple-Beauty:

I've never had a problem making friends, but I'm also not afraid the be the first to say "Hi, I'm Shannon..."

I meet most of my friends through DDs school and activities.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
jessdeanne92
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 2:16 AM
The thing is that my daughter will be 14 months old next week and there aren't no groups and stuff like that here where I live since it is a small towns
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)