Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Is quitting my 9-5 to stay home a good idea?

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok, so I recently put my notice in at to  work only 1 day a week to be more of a stay at home mom. I started a work at home business and im doing GREAT(thats the only reason, i was able to lessen my work days) but i hear about women being stay at home moms and start to stress or miss being in the work field. Im i crazy for not just enjoying the time i can have with my kids or should i add another day or 2 back at work(which actually pays LESS than my home business) so I can keep my sanity!! i guess thats why i didnt quit my job completly, just the "what ifs" 

by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Replies (11-20):
mp0264
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Even after you decide to stay at home, you will think about the what ifs. I completed two years of college before becoming a SAHM. My LO is 10 mnth old. My husband works, and goes to school. I just enrolled in online classes to help with the "stir crazy". Content or happiness with the decision to stay home or work has a whole lot to do with your goals/aspirations. If you're aspirations do not match up with the duties of staying at home, then the "what ifs" will pick at you daily. 

MommyMartinie
by Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 8:54 PM

If you can, do. 

villagemamma
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Some people hate it and some people love it. Personally i LOVE it. i work at home myself and it is nice being there with her. Sometimes i get a little stir crazy but i started volunteering a few times a week and that helps get me out of the house and gives me something to do.

chicksdigscars
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 4:31 AM

Only you know what's best.

some absolutley love being a sahm and others can't even fathom it

TattooedMom104
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:09 PM

DONT DO IT!!!!!!!! YOU WILL REGRET IT AFTER A FEW MONTHS!!!. LOL I worked up until mine was 14mo and I quit to spend more time with my son...now im stuck here 24-7 and my only breaks are well...wait, nope, dont get any :) good luck some people really enjoy it!

brittany208
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 10:03 PM

depends on  your personality. i think working 1 day for awhile is a great idea. if being home isn't your thing, you still have that job to fall back on. if you love being home, you can quit altogether. it doesn't have to be all or nothing. i work 2 days a week on and off (Im home right now, bc I have a newborn) and its perfect for our family.

brittany208
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

just a FYI,  you have to hit the quote button if you want people to see that you are talking to them

Quoting mcaMOMMY:

Thanks, and i def would NEVER call you stupid for that!! I have been told to go back to school but i dont want to!! im not stupid, just dont like school and like that i can make MORE money with my own business than if i work for someone else!! my kids love that im home and of course, so does my husband ;-) so its all good  now! ill see in a couple of months!! 

RheaF
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this

It's really up to you an your SO. What you guys feel comfortable with. I have been a SAHM for almost 8 years, and I love it. Yeah, I have my crazy, stress filled days. However, I had those when I worked as well. To me, the time home with my children far out weighs anything I could gain by working outside of the home.

mcaMOMMY
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:02 PM

again thanks all to responded!! so far im loving being home!! im spending more time with my kids AND husband *wink wink wink* everyone is happy now so i think i made the right choice. I go out certain days of the wk to promote my business so i really wont be stuck in the house 24/7.My mom told me i should not stay home and one of my cousins told me GO FOR IT, STAY HOME!! i know it comes down to how my husband, kids and i feel about it. just wanted to get some opinons from people that have already tried it!!  :-)  THANKS! 

JustBreath2013
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Personally I wouldn't have had kids if I couldn't stay home.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)