Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Is quitting my 9-5 to stay home a good idea?

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok, so I recently put my notice in at to  work only 1 day a week to be more of a stay at home mom. I started a work at home business and im doing GREAT(thats the only reason, i was able to lessen my work days) but i hear about women being stay at home moms and start to stress or miss being in the work field. Im i crazy for not just enjoying the time i can have with my kids or should i add another day or 2 back at work(which actually pays LESS than my home business) so I can keep my sanity!! i guess thats why i didnt quit my job completly, just the "what ifs" 

by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Replies (21-21):
SammiBaby
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this

You do what you feel is better for you and your family. I'm going back to work this school year but then again my youngest is about to be 3 and I've been a stay at home mom since my oldest was born (he's 6). So I'm ready for it.

Each person is different and their wants and dreams are different. I don't want to be a stay at home mom forever. I love the fact that I have been fortunate enough to stay home because I know there are many moms who would kill to stay home but can't afford it.

If you can make a work at home business work for you then by all means go for it! If I had the means to make something like that work for me I might give it a go before going out of the home to work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN