Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Would you take your 3 week old to a big family party?

Posted by   + Show Post
We just had our second child, she is now 2 weeks old. I haven't really gone anywhere with her yet except her doctors appointment. Last week there was an open house for a cousin on my dads side which I didn't attend because she was only a week old and I didn't feel comfortable taking her out. I really thought it would be understandable but apparently not my dad was upset. So there is another open house for another cousin (same side) next weekend. I'm not sure about going. Its been so hot out and she hasn't had any of her immunizations yet. There will be easily over 30 people there that want to hold her.

Am I wrong for not wanting to go? They make me feel as if I'm being super overprotective of her but shes not even a month old. I also feel like if they wanna see her they could just come visit us, but that never happened with my son and don't see it ever happening with her.

So what would you do?
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Replies (11-20):
paulswifey11
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:57 PM
My oldest dd and I were out running the streets at 3 days old. So I would go.
nocalmegan
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Ya Callie was born on June 5th. Father's Day was exactly two weeks later and we went to a big BBQ.
Rach0307
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:44 PM
I would, but I started bringing my son out and about when he was a week old because DH was deployed and I would have gone stir crazy in the house with nobody but me and the baby. You should do what you're comfortable with, though. She's your daughter, and if you don't think she's ready to be around a lot of people yet, that's your decision to make and they need to respect that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hanab818
by Hana on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:04 PM
When my now 15 month old was 2 week old we went to dhs aunts house for easter. There was about 20 people but only family and 3 non family. I was OK with it because I knew family that was sick, getting sick or getting over being sick would stay away from him.
Donna.June
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Nope, I wouldn't go. I didn't take any of my kids anywhere until they were about two months. The only place was the doctors office. I'm just not comfortable with it. I'll do the same thing with this next one due in October.
Graceplustwo
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Nope I wouldn't. But im also paranoid
wonderstruck11
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:41 PM
I took my DD to a thanksgiving dinner when she was 3 weeks old. I made sure that everyone had to wash their hands before touching my DD. as long as you are careful, I don't see a problem with it.
momto3boys85
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 5:39 PM

This, and my kids have great immune systems, but I am not saying anything against anyone either for not wanting to bring their 3 week old baby out either. If you don't feel comfortable, politely decline, if they don't like it, they can just get over it, your baby, your rules.

Quoting ColieO:

I would. I brought my son home thanksgiving day. He attended his own baby shower at 3 days old. I've never been one to stay inside or away from people. Same with my daughter. We were out and about as soon as we left the hospital.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Proud mom to 3 boys, Sean(7), Daniel(5), and Julian(3)

SadeAyosmom
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 5:42 PM

i wouldnt have a choice my kids at that age are exclusivly bf.

plus at that age you can just keep them in the baby car seat if asleep or comfortably wear them

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jun. 22, 2013 at 5:55 PM
I would.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN