Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I'm gonna flip my lid......

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:42 PM
  • 15 Replies

Since I moved back to California last year I have been renting a room from my best friends dad. Since that time things have gone down hill. My room mates dad moved in, in september and then in april, her sister and her son moved in. That puts the grand total at 10 people in this 3 bedroom house and because we're not "family" we are be pushed out and have been trying to find a place for 2 months. We pay 300 in rent every month plus laundry detergent that everyone uses, dish soap everyone uses, toilet paper that everyone uses and clean common living areas frequently yet they say we don't do anything and stay up all night doing stuff and keeping people awake and don't pick up after ourselves and our daughter who is 17 months old and is the "ONLY" one who throws food on the floor. My room mates sister has a 2 1/2 year old who will pick up all the food on his high chair tray and throw it on the floor and she won't pick it up. They won't clean up after the dogs and sit there and continuously rag on us that we need to do this or we need to do that. I am so freakin sick of it and I don't know what to do anymore, I'm at my wits end trying to find a place to move too by next month or I'm facing living on the streets or a hotel that we really can't afford. Advice anyone........

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:46 PM
I don't really have any advice other than to keep looking. Cut out anything from your budget that you can so you can get the heck out of there. It doesn't sound like an enjoyable place to live anymore.
momto3boys85
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Is there anyone else you guys can live with temporarly besides these people, they sound awful. Friends, family, co workers of your husbands? Is there any low cost mobile homes nearby, not my first choice either but 10 people in a 3 bedroom sounds crazy crowded and that sounds like a lot of drama building up, even if you had to just stay in a mobile home until you could find an apartment would be better than the streets.

newmommy1257
by Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:02 PM

There is nothing at this point, I feel so helpless.....

rozenshyao
by Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Is there not a house you could possibly rent? or an apartment? 

newmommy1257
by Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

We just got of the phone with a friend of ours and he's gonna let us stay with him until our house is ready

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:52 AM

That is great news. I am sorry they are doing that to you. I hope your house gets ready soon. Just keep smiling. :)

Quoting newmommy1257:

We just got of the phone with a friend of ours and he's gonna let us stay with him until our house is ready

TempestRayne
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:03 AM
That sucks.
MommyMartinie
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Firstly, good luck. Second of all, I hate to suggest it but if worst comes to worst find out if there is a homeless shelter you can stay at until you find a place. I will pray for you!

LongBeachLiz
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:13 PM
I hear people suggest homeless shelter on here all the time.

What many people fail to realize is that these shelters are full. Not only are they full but they are dangerous. Many homeless prefer the streets out of sheer safety.

I remember a few years ago when I volunteered at a school designed specifically for homeless children (they tend to have gaps and fall behind at regular schools bc of the instability) a girl came to the nurse feeling ill. The night prior shewas in a shelter and had to sleep on the floor bc there were no beds. Things have only gotten worse.

Quoting MommyMartinie:

Firstly, good luck. Second of all, I hate to suggest it but if worst comes to worst find out if there is a homeless shelter you can stay at until you find a place. I will pray for you!

MommyMartinie
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Depends on where you live. I stayed in one in Waterloo Iowa for only woman and kids and everyone had their own bed and there was a kitchen everyone shared and we had food provided, bathrooms with shower/tubs, and free laundry facilities. So depending on where she lives it could be nice...

Quoting LongBeachLiz:

I hear people suggest homeless shelter on here all the time.

What many people fail to realize is that these shelters are full. Not only are they full but they are dangerous. Many homeless prefer the streets out of sheer safety.

I remember a few years ago when I volunteered at a school designed specifically for homeless children (they tend to have gaps and fall behind at regular schools bc of the instability) a girl came to the nurse feeling ill. The night prior shewas in a shelter and had to sleep on the floor bc there were no beds. Things have only gotten worse.

Quoting MommyMartinie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN