Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

nervous about going into labor!?!?

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:58 PM
  • 12 Replies
i'll be 40 weeks pregnant tomorrow and for some reason i am nervous even though this isnt my first pregnancy ..i already have a 2 year old and a four year old so i was just wondering if its normal for me still to be scared about going into labor ???
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coupon_ash_back
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:45 PM
I would be freaked out by someone who isn't scared. Labor is scary you never know what to expect. I'm in my 3rd pregnancy now and I'm scared also!
theosgirl45
by Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I was scared during both pregnancies.  I think its just natural to feel anxious.  Its an important day and everything is going to change afterwards.

In vain he thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts.

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:18 AM

I think its normal to be nervous no matter how many kids you have :).

LoveonHollySt
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:20 AM

I wouldn't worry about being scared/nervous.  You body has generations of information on how to do this.  Where both of your other deliveries good ones?  Positive affirmations can make all of the difference.  

momof3jam
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Of course it is normal. It will be okay - enjoy as much of it as you can, you're bringing a LIFE into this world - that's a big deal  :)

Good luck and congrats!

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I think it is a normal feeling. I was nervous but I never got to feel what labor was about. I had a schedule csection.

MrsMiles85
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Honey I have 5 and I am STILL nervous about the 6th.  Just remember that you have done this before and draw strength from that. 

CjEmmemommy
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:17 AM

I was never really scared but then again I LOVE labor and that makes me weird lol.

I think its normal to be axnious but try to focus on the postives bc the negitives will make it worse than it needs to be! You are a pro now:)

TempestRayne
by Donna on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:46 AM
I was concerned with all four of my pregnancies.
tms2008
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:21 PM
I think what you're feeling is normal. I have a 4 year old and a 17 month old I'm I'm 4 days overdue with a boy. I'm scheduled to go in Thursday night to be induced. I've been nervous about giving birth each time but more nervous with this baby since I'll be trying for a vbac.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)