Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Is summer over yet.... kids are out of school and I am going to lose it ..not sure if I will make it to sept.

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:49 PM
  • 8 Replies

So the kids are out of school for the summer and it has been nothing but craziness. I am a wife and a stay at home mom who is also a full time student. I have 4 girls ages, 1,2,5(will be 6 in july), and 7. I use to be able to just put the older ones on the bus in the morning and play with the little ones then it was lunch then naps for them and clean and school time for me until the hubby got home from work and they got home from school. Now it is constant clean up, pick up, make lunch and snacks, then clean up again and try to fit in some school work while getting after the kids for fighting. Then making dinner clean up again get everyone fed and to bed just to clean up again and then try to do school work. I am so burnt out and tired and ready to cry and lose it at any minute. I have even had to set up a schedual for the kids just to keep them from arguing and fighting all day. We all get up eat do the calender dicsuss the day then I read to them they read to me we do journals and math and crafts then play time. Then if I can get them to chill out I clean up and cook and clean and then school work. I never have a moment to breath. I just feel likeI want to sit and cry. Today I added yard work to all that and now as they are supose to be in bed they are just running around playing in their rooms and I don't even have the energy to yell at them. Sorry I just need to vent and in my life all I have are people that want to vent to me but not listen or try to understand me when I really NEED to vent. :(

by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:03 PM

During the younger ones naps, start quiet time for the older ones whether that means laying on their beds quietly or choosing a movie to watch while being still.  It is great that you have a schedule set up.  They have one at school.  I know for my dd when school lets out she still needs that structure to the day.  We try for one trip outside the house a day whether it be to the store, library, park or mall.

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I really like this reply. I hope this one helps. My daughter doesn't go to school yet but she will be going in August, so I am use to the craziness but I do only have one. So good luck hun. 

Quoting frndlyfn:

During the younger ones naps, start quiet time for the older ones whether that means laying on their beds quietly or choosing a movie to watch while being still.  It is great that you have a schedule set up.  They have one at school.  I know for my dd when school lets out she still needs that structure to the day.  We try for one trip outside the house a day whether it be to the store, library, park or mall.

erin708
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:00 PM
I hear you. My dd last day was today. And the fighting started. I only have two though. An almost 7yo and 3 1/2 yo. All they do is fight. Hoping to keep them busy this week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bzzybeemomof3
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:31 AM
My kids are in school.still. lol till Friday.

Not looking forward to them being home. Lol
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:55 AM
A schedule and activity is key. Have playtime outside in the morning, so they are tired and hungry. Even set up events, like playing soccer, obstacle course, tag, etc.

Then lunch, naps/ quiet time for older kids. (Reading or a movie helps). And you can do school work then. Save cleaning up for an hour before dinner.

This is basically our schedule, and it works really well for us. :)
mommy053008
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Good luck I have a 5 and 2 yo my oldest starts Kinder in the fall I can't imagine being stressed when she has summers off however I've heard that it will happen. I guess I will see.

I'd stick with a set schedule and make your kids help clean. Good luck.
coupon_ash_back
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Good luck my kids are in a awful stage where they never listen and only fight.
mrsniebo
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Good luck! If it makes you feel any better, I saw my first "back to school" product commercial a week ago.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN