Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

frustrating!

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:35 PM
  • 7 Replies

so i have trouble gettin my 5 year old to eat. dinner time is very frustrating when it comes to getting tyberius to eat without having to tell him to eat 10 million times..at our home we all sit down at the table & eat as a family..i find it important because it gives family talk time about anything we want to talk about during the day & just to catch up & also i did not have that growing up..my oldest son eats just fine but ty on the other hand i have to tell him to eat for like every bite he takes not even exagerating&i jus dont know what to do..i have taken the drink away till after he is done eating & if its something like sandwiches he doesnt get chips till hes done cuz he will eat all those first & take forever to at the actual sandwich idk & ive talked to his dad & its the same thing when he is over there.ugh!!

by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
TempestRayne
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:47 PM
He also complains that he is hungry an hour later, too, huh?
kristalynn1209
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:57 PM

no thats also something i left out h tells me hs hungry for breakfast but luch & dinner its like hes never hungry but if it was junk foo i kno he would eat it with no problem but ive never been big on letting them just eat junk so idk wheres its comin from but its been goin on for a while now.. we had the same problems last year too..

Quoting TempestRayne:

He also complains that he is hungry an hour later, too, huh?

TempestRayne
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:00 PM
What is his eating schedule like?
kristalynn1209
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:08 PM

for the most part give or take an hr breakfast7-9 lunch 12-3 dinner 6-8 jus depends on what we been doin that day &stuff like that & i also cut out all snacks during the day to see if he would eat better at dinner &NOTHING i talked to his dr but his weight & everything is good & they said not to worry o much but its just frustrating having to be constanly on his butt about eating the whole time we are all trying ot enjoy dinner..know what i mean?

Quoting TempestRayne:

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Your son sounds like my daughter. She will eat anything that sweet but when it is time for dinner. (being I don't make her anything different from what we eat) We have to tell her to eat. It is so crazy. When she was a baby she loved her vegetables now I can't get her to eat one green bean.

But I am telling her when she goes to preschool she will have to eat what everyone else is eating no matter what. But her snack time is fruit she will eat that.

The doctor tells me if she is drinking that is all that matters. Ugh. My daughter is tall so she weighs a little more. And I tell them she is tall so just don't go by her weight.

I really hope you get an answers because I haven't gotten one yet. Good luck

Quoting kristalynn1209:

for the most part give or take an hr breakfast7-9 lunch 12-3 dinner 6-8 jus depends on what we been doin that day &stuff like that & i also cut out all snacks during the day to see if he would eat better at dinner &NOTHING i talked to his dr but his weight & everything is good & they said not to worry o much but its just frustrating having to be constanly on his butt about eating the whole time we are all trying ot enjoy dinner..know what i mean?

Quoting TempestRayne:

Cuddlyknuckle
by Jess on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I understand how annoying this can be. My ODS(3) will fight me to the ends of the Earth! He will not touch what I make for dinner. But if his uncle makes it... or his daddy makes it... he eats it right up. He will tell me he is hungry as he sits in front of his plate of food. He won't eat veggies. Sometimes, I can get him to take one bite but if he doesn't do that then he is off to bed. I know it sounds harsh but I have tried everything. :( I wish he would just eat what I make. It's not like I make gross things. Sigh.

kristalynn1209
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:36 PM

glad to know im not the only one with a stubborn eater lol. tonight i made sticky chicken with rice& gravy & corn..he had only eaten a poptart for breakfast a sandwich for lunch so by the time supper came around i know he was hungry & HE ATE ALL OF IT which i was very proud but i sill had to tell him to eat 10 million times lol i guess th most important thing is that hes healthy & does eat i jus gotta stay n his butt about it lol thank yall for shaing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN