Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Advice PLEASE

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:37 PM
  • 7 Replies
I am babysitting a boy the same age as my oldest 2 sons (8). I am pretty positive I have picked up a stomach virus. I feel oh so AWFUL! However, the three boys are very independent and don't really require the same as my toddler age boys. Is it worth mentioning to his mom I have a nasty bug or should I just not say anything. I don't want her to think I am hinting at her needing to take off work and school until it's over. I have no problem watching him during this awfulness. I just don't want her or her kiddoe to get blindsided by some bug. What should I do?
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KayDziedzic
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:49 PM

I'd tell her something like, "I may have picked up a nasty stomach bug. I'm being meticulous with handwashing and clorox wipes so I'm not spreading it around the house, but I just want to give you a heads up." If she asks if you're still okay to watch him, tell her if you are. If she'd rather make other arrangements, tell her again that you really are okay keeping him, that you just don't want to "blindside" them with a bug. And then let her make the decision.

I hope you feel better soon!

JAIL985
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I hope you are all feeling much better soon :)

I would just be honest with her and see what she wants to do x

Rachael-Dawn
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Thanks! That's perfect and doesn't come off wrong.

Quoting KayDziedzic:

I'd tell her something like, "I may have picked up a nasty stomach bug. I'm being meticulous with handwashing and clorox wipes so I'm not spreading it around the house, but I just want to give you a heads up." If she asks if you're still okay to watch him, tell her if you are. If she'd rather make other arrangements, tell her again that you really are okay keeping him, that you just don't want to "blindside" them with a bug. And then let her make the decision.

Rachael-Dawn
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Thank you. So far it's just me. Praying it doesn't spread.

Quoting JAIL985:

I hope you are all feeling much better soon :)

I would just be honest with her and see what she wants to do x

KayDziedzic
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Between our 3 kids and me, it's literally been at least 6 months since we've had a full week with no one in the house sick. I've had to say this so many times to friends' parents lately, in the interest of full disclosure, that it's become almost a default playdate alert :) Glad to be able to help, and again, I hope it passes quickly!

Quoting Rachael-Dawn:

Thanks! That's perfect and doesn't come off wrong.

Quoting KayDziedzic:

TempestRayne
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Quoting KayDziedzic:

erin708
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I would def say something. I know I would be pissed if my sitter didn't tell me tha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)