Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

School shopping

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:26 PM
  • 18 Replies
When do you start? And so you think your child's list is too long?

I think my dd's list is pretty reasonable.
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I want to start next month and steadily work on it.

MrsNewman
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:49 PM
I'll start when the sales start. I have 3 kids to shop for, no way Am I paying full price for any of it.
coupon_ash_back
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:51 PM
That makes sense. I think I will just start now since I hate the back to school crowd. It all seems so rushed and everything is out if stock.

Quoting MrsNewman:

I'll start when the sales start. I have 3 kids to shop for, no way Am I paying full price for any of it.
RheaF
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:53 PM
I homeschool, but do all of my restocking during the sales. Usually wait until a week after public school starts. Yes, my kids list is too long, but what do you do, lol. ;)
mrsniebo
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I haven't seen DD's preschool list, but I'll probably start shopping after I see the list.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I buy clothes here and there in bigger sizes throughout the year when I see a good deal, but I usually buy the bulk of the clothes in August.
I buy the supplies when the sales start. I live in a small town so the crowds aren't bad and the stock never runs out. :)

mrscass0416
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:37 PM

The end of July and it's not bad at all

AutymsMommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:37 PM

We homeschool. I'm beginning to purchase curriculum now; I'll purchase supplies when the sales start.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

littlecheifsmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:46 PM
School starts early Aug here so mid July is when we will go shopping. I tend to spoil my ds so I get what he likes with in reason & price
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I think we are going to start when they start putting the stuff out. then we have to shop for uniforms for my daughter. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)