Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Should I Hire A Nanny?!(Help)

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:26 PM
  • 34 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hello Ladies, There are a few of y'all who know me & a lot who don't. Well I'm a 21 year old mother of 2 wonderful little girls. Maliyah is 4 years old & Lilliana is 5 months old. I work from home & put in the hours I want.Well my question to y'all is, Should I hire a nanny? I'm busy a lot of time on calls, posting ads, scheduling webinars, sending out emails & all that good jazz that comes from wanting to work from home! lol & a lot of time I have to wait till 5pm(when my husband gets home) to even schedule ads or take calls. I love my kids & my income is great but I would love to get more & more people to jump on my business. & I believe by hiring a nanny I can get twice the work done. Give me some input please ladies!(: Thanks & God Bless. Signing Off.

Over & Out, Mali & Lilly's Mum.

by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pancake.
by In LaFawnduh on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:08 PM
5 moms liked this
You're at home doing minimal work, and you need a nanny? Seriously? Making phone calls and sending emails is so hard, that you need a nanny?

My mind just literally exploded.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Well I think when it is quiet time like nap time you can get some things done then. I don't think you need a nanny. Most 4 years old still take naps. But if you have a daughter like mine I understand. When you have few things to do for work put her a movie on. for the baby she should be napping at least 2 or 3 times a day still so when she is get things done. 

Josie_P
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this

You can get a mother's helper. She can keep the kids occupied while you work. And you don't have to pay mother's helpers as much as a nanny.

rebeccarae
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:51 PM
I would the the kids quiet time at a designated hour of the day and work then, and also while they nap. Its possible. A nanny is a bit much.
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jun. 28, 2013 at 5:30 PM
If you feel it's necessary, go for it.
LittleBirdFly
by New Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I would not

my.sonshine
by New Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:09 PM

if you find it necessary and i mean really necessary.. why not? but i work FT (50 hours a week) and still manage two kids while pregnant and have things at home i still take care of (including phone calls, emails and house duties)

dez0913
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Thank y'all ladies for the input.

KaylinC03
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Personally, not something I would do.

However, if you feel like it would help you and benefit your kids then go for it. Just make sure to take the right precautions (background check, references, etc.)
GreenDotsOrange
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this
If you can afford it why not. Even if you hired one part time you could probably get all of what you do done in half the time since you won't be distracted and in the long run have more time to spend with your little ones. While some may think you do "minimal work" a lot of that stuff is time consuming!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)