Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Watermarks while pregnant?

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:19 PM
  • 10 Replies
It is too late for me to call the OB dept. but has anybody been told if going to a watermark is safe or not? I live 1 1/2 hours from Wisconsin Dells and its a summer staple around here to use these free passes to a waterpark. I was just wondering if it is safe to go on the waterslides - they are the kind that use a large 4 person tube.
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs.potter87
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:20 PM

P.S. my thinking is if its safe for me to still ride a horse a waterpark shouldn't be any more dangerous?

Quoting mrs.potter87:

It is too late for me to call the OB dept. but has anybody been told if going to a watermark is safe or not? I live 1 1/2 hours from Wisconsin Dells and its a summer staple around here to use these free passes to a waterpark. I was just wondering if it is safe to go on the waterslides - they are the kind that use a large 4 person tube.

mollymae09
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:29 PM
They don't allow pregnant women to ride the waterslides where I work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsOrton
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:32 PM

I was also told not to ride a horse or a bike. Where we going if your pregnant you dont ride.

mrs.potter87
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:47 PM

I'm only 12 weeks and not showing so there would be no way for them to know. I'm sure they don't let pregnant women ride for insurance reasons but I'm looking more for a medical reason not to if there is one.

That's strange that you were told not to ride a horse - my ob said if I have done if before and am a good rider there isn't any reason not to continue. Even stranger that you were told not to ride a bike that one mystifies me. We're you a high risk maybe?

Quoting MrsOrton:

I was also told not to ride a horse or a bike. Where we going if your pregnant you dont ride.

mlb456
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Im not sure about waterparks but i know pregnant women are not alowed to ride roller costers becuase something to do with the placinta detaching from where ever its attched to lol.. im not sure if theres a difference in a roller coaster and a water slide but id deff at least google it? Or just wouldnt risk it at all.. just my thought
MMerrill
by Melissa on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:31 PM
I don't think a water slide would be a big deal...as long as it doesn't jerk you around too much.
mrs.potter87
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Well ok then that is a good enough reason for me not to risk it! Thanks! :)

Quoting mlb456:

Im not sure about waterparks but i know pregnant women are not alowed to ride roller costers becuase something to do with the placinta detaching from where ever its attched to lol.. im not sure if theres a difference in a roller coaster and a water slide but id deff at least google it? Or just wouldnt risk it at all.. just my thought

mlb456
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:54 PM
No problem glad i could help.. i hope you still get to have fun!!

Quoting mrs.potter87:

Well ok then that is a good enough reason for me not to risk it! Thanks! :)

Quoting mlb456:

Rachael-Dawn
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:00 PM
My ob told me I was under no circumstances allowed to ride a horse period while I was pregnant. I would think a water slide might be ok. But I don't know. I would ask. I wasn't supposed to amp my adrenaline at all.

Quoting mrs.potter87:

P.S. my thinking is if its safe for me to still ride a horse a waterpark shouldn't be any more dangerous?

Quoting mrs.potter87:

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:03 PM

I have no clue. I think it is safer than going to six flags lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)