Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

10 Super-Embarrassing (but Adorable) Things Babies Do

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:09 AM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

10 Super-Embarrassing (but Adorable) Things Babies Do

by Mary Fischer

babyBabies. Aren't they the best? They're just so snuggly and sweet, and everything they do is over-the-top precious. Well, almost everything, that is.

Former Bachelor & DWTS winner Melissa Rycroft was mortified when her baby pooped in the tub -- which was especially embarrassing because it happened in a hotel bathroom, not her own. And she was rushing out the door when her daughter did the deed -- so her husband was left to deal with the aftermath. (Love it.)

When she returned to the room later that day, she found the tub drained and "little poo pellets" sitting inside of it. (OMG. The poor maids.)

I laughed so hard after hearing her story, and it got me thinking about all of those moments we have with our little ones that are unavoidable -- but kind of make us want to go crawl into a hole somewhere.

Here are 10 of the most embarrassing baby moments moms admit having!

1. "When my son was about 5 months old, he started making this really weird growling noise in the middle of a store where we were shopping. It was cute at first, but then he got so loud that all these people kept coming over and laughing at me -- and telling the other people in the store they needed to go check out the 'demon baby.' I about died." -- Mary, The Stir (yep, yours truly)
  2. "He pulled my shirt up at the mall. Somehow, the clip on my nursing bra unhooked and my breast was in full view." -- @BeyondTheCrib
  3. "When my baby brother was a newborn, we were out to eat, and he was sitting on my mom's lap and he pooped everywhere -- all over the seat, all over her -- it was so funny!" -- Anonymous
  4. "I was shopping with her and set her down so I could pay the cashier. She rifled through my purse and pulled out a tampon in front of everyone in the store!" -- Jeanne, The Stir
  5. "My first daughter went through a phase where she called every man she saw 'daddy.' We were in the Walmart parking lot when a man, his wife (I'm assuming), and their three kids walked by, and she starts screaming 'daddy' at him. The look on their faces was priceless! He looked terrified, she was confused, and I was totally embarrassed." -- Whitney, Five Minutes for Mommy
  6. "Try this one on for size ... when my now 2-year-old was a newborn, I took him to visit family. He got hungry, I started nursing him, and halfway through his feeding, he had an EXPLOSIVE poop that the diaper apparently couldn't contain. I was left with a lap-full and had to borrow a pair of my aunt's pants!" -- Raynah
  7. "My oldest threw up in the town pool. How embarrassing to hear over the loud speaker that the pool had to close for cleaning. I never wanted to leave some place so fast!" -- @kerrymomto2
  8. "First visit from our favorite 'couple friends' after baby was born, and my husband went outside to start the grill. Just at that moment, she proceeded to projectile vomit ALL OVER ME." -- Jeanne, The Stir
  9. "He had a massive adult-sized fart while we were in the mall. I'm pretty sure everyone around us thought it was me!" -- Raynah
  10. "My friend was holding my baby and he kept grabbing and squeezing her boob over and over again. She took it in stride and told me it's the most action she's had in a long time. LOL." -- Louise

What's the most embarrassing thing your baby has ever done?

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:46 AM
The other day we were at a yard sale and she was in her stroller blowing very wet raspberries lol.
ShireeCS
by Shiree on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:53 AM
She wants a baby when dd was around 4 we were at a restaurant and she wanted me to hold her while we waited in line. She ended up puking all down my shirt and all over the floor. It was awful and so embarrassing.
KatieFlower
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Number 5 and 10 had me Loling!!
Most embarrassing would be a meltdown in a store.
Cuddlyknuckle
by Jess on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:55 AM

When my oldest son(now 3) was going through teething... we'd be in the store and he'd grab my shirt to chew on. I'd always pull it away from him but the drool would still be on my shirt... right on my boob. I never breastfed with him.. so it looked like I was leaking. I was so embarrassed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)