Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need advice....

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:36 AM
  • 15 Replies

My husband has joined the Marine Corps. he leaves for basic in January. I have the choice of weather to live in the house with my daughter alone. Or move in with family. I dont know what to do so please and thank you for input and please no bashing.

by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jlyne2009
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Sorry forany mis spelled words

jojo_star
by Jojo on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:40 AM

I think that is something that only you can decide. 

rachellaree20
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Can you tolerate your family?  I'd personally live in the house with my dd alone, but my dad lives with my younger brother who is a drug addict and it would be a toxic situation and my mom is in prison.  If your family would be helpful, loving, supportive, basically a good environment for raising your dd and you'd feel better there than alone then I'd say live with family.  You've got awhile to make a decision though, so I'd say just try not to stress about it too much (though I know easier said than done.)

SJG1013
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:41 AM
I would make a list of pros and cons. What do you think would be best for your family?
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:41 AM
I would want to stay by myself. But that's me. It's something you have to figure out on your own. You could stay on your own for awhile and see how you like it before moving in with family?
Courtney610
by Courtney on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:11 AM
I would stay by myself, personally.
MissMandaz
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I would stay in my home and be free to make my own rules.. Less drama and aggravation!!
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:43 AM

I would stay in your home. You will have free time to do what you need to do and family would be in your business. But it is your choice. I think you and your daughter would love being alone and not with alot of people. Plus when he comes home he will have a home to come back too without having to stay with family too.

k9l1c5
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:22 AM

How old is your daughter? If you can handle her alone then I would personally stay where you are if you are close to family. Then you can just visit them a lot while he is gone but still have your own space. If they live hours away then you would really have to decide that on your own. How long is basic? 6 months?

TempestRayne
by Donna on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Quoting jojo_star:

I think that is something that only you can decide. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)