Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Has this happened to anyone else?

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:01 AM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this
My name is Krystal,
I'm a first time mom. While I was pregnant I use to get this pinch like pain in my lower back on the right side. It would send the pain strait down my right leg and into my ankle. I thought it was my son sitting on a nerve. Well he's 7 months now and I still get that pinching pain and it still sends the pain down my leg and into my ankle. I won't feel it all the time, but it happens a lot. Has anyone else had this happen? Does anyone know what it is? And should I except to deal with this for the rest of my life? Thank you! :)
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:37 AM

It could be a pinched nerve in your spine that has not healed.   Talk to your doctor about it.  I am presuming that you mentioned it while pregnant.  I have random swelling still and dd is 7 yrs old.  During pregnancy I had unexplained edema of my legs,ankles and feet.

Courtney610
by Courtney on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:09 AM
Sounds like sciatica pain.
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:26 AM

I don't remember a pain like that. But I do have pain sometimes around my csection scar like if I pull a muscle or something in that area it hurts like heck.

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:25 AM

I had sciatica pain when I was pregnant and this sounds like that's what it is with you. Once in a while I will still feel it, like maybe only a few times since having dd and she is 10 months. If you are feeling it really often then I would call your dr. You could also look into acupuncture, my mom swears by it!

TempestRayne
by Donna on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Quoting Courtney610:

Sounds like sciatica pain.

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Yes, I did. It was sciatica pain.

destiny3513
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:59 AM
When I was preg I had major hip pain. The chiropractor helps soooo much until I stopped going bc I have no time so it hurts occasionally.
brelinsmommy
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:20 AM
The same thing happened to me its called sciatica its where the baby has set on your sciatic nerve
MommyMartinie
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Go to the chiropractor. It could really help. I have very bad back problems and it helps me. And it could be a pinched nerve which they could release with adjusting your back.

kimmaylove013
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:30 PM

It's your sciatic nerve it will eventually get better, once your body re adjusts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)